My Home Made Hookah

hockeydudde

The battery on my camera is dead and i can not find the charger, but here are some of the old pictures that you can see the bowl a little better in.

[attachment=1167:bowl.jpg]
[attachment=1168:bowl__.jpg]

The sad part is that i fear it will not last too much longer because being the genius that I am I rinsed it out with cold water in between bowls. Everyone knows that glass + quick temp. change = bad. So it is cracked and everytime we use it it cracks a little more. It is nearly in 3 peices as it is.

thats an amazing piece of work. Looks like it was made for a hookah.

Sorry to hear about the cracking. Sometimes people dont realise how easily temperature changes can crack glass.

• 2 weeks later...
Last night was a sad night. My friends and I were trying out some new flavors, and in the process of trying to get the foil on the bowl tightly, my bowl finally bit the dust. The bowl part popped right off the stem part. I might have been able to fix it but I ruined any chance of that by throwing it in the ground and breaking it into 4 pieces, because i was pissed.

I was just at Hobby Lobby buying a vase and candle holder for my project. I saw the same vase and was gonna buy it. But then remembered you had the same one! lol

But, I didn't like their selection, however, I loved the price. For no reason at all I got a 50% discount. So, my vase and my candle holder only cost me $24. happy.gif

How did you go about drilling your holes in the stem parts? What were they made of? Because mine is thin ceramic stuff and I am very nervous about drilling. I need at the least three holes.

Last question. Where did you get your rubber corks? I need two.

Very awesome hookah. I hope to have mine done shortly!

QUOTE (semiaverage711 @ Mar 15 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just at Hobby Lobby buying a vase and candle holder for my project. I saw the same vase and was gonna buy it. But then remembered you had the same one! lol

But, I didn't like their selection, however, I loved the price. For no reason at all I got a 50% discount. So, my vase and my candle holder only cost me $24. happy.gif

How did you go about drilling your holes in the stem parts? What were they made of? Because mine is thin ceramic stuff and I am very nervous about drilling. I need at the least three holes.

Last question. Where did you get your rubber corks? I need two.

Very awesome hookah. I hope to have mine done shortly!

My stem parts were only made out of a plastic so i just drilled them with a normal drill after seperating the glass balls. As far as drilling ceramic, i know nothing about it, but i am sure you can google it and find many different meathods.

I did not use rubber corks, I used some black thermal insulation tape from home depot that actually seals really well.

And the reason i got my stuff at hobby lobby was because of the 50% discount.

Yeah. I googled it. Glass cutting drill bit! Who would have thunk it? Well, I am gonna use a cork and need to get one. And, once again...AMAZING hookah man. I love feeling pride in my hookah. And what better way than to make your own? haha

Welp, im outta here. Later and happy hookah!

• 2 weeks later...