Water In My Hose?

I have a metal tipped "fifi" style hose that came with my new Hookah and I can't figure out if water is getting in the hose or it's something else. After smoking for about 40 minutes the tip gets come moisture and is tasted very very sweet (like whatever I'm smoking) I take the hole off and give a good puff to see if anything comes out and nothing. The tip to me seems to be getting so cold condesation is forming on it. It's ice cold to the touch. Any ideas of how to cure this, I don't think I'm inhaling any liquid (I can't feel it coming in through the hose).

Any help or ideas appreciated. Hookah.gif

This is my hookah I have the water up to the second gold ring, about 1" of the stem is in the water. There is about 6" between the water level and the top of the base. Yes, I do use ice, lots.

From that it looks like the water level should be fine. When you load it up with ice does that come above the water level and leave some ice exposed to just the smoke and no water? If so that may be causing the problem.

Considering what you posted about how you setup your Hookah, it is weird that you hare having that problem.

Either way, check ho much the water spikes up when the water in the base girgles [sp], it might just be going up that high. Edited by Codename067

QUOTE (gr!m @ Jan 26 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my hookah I have the water up to the second gold ring, about 1" of the stem is in the water. There is about 6" between the water level and the top of the base. Yes, I do use ice, lots.

I have to agree, it's not your set up...

hmm..is it possible water is being trapped in the stem someplace when you are washing it and being sucked into your hose when you smoke?

Most important is that the water is about an inch or so above the bottom of the stem, from what I've read all over the place.

Might think of upgrading the hose to say a Mya or Nammor, a quality hose is really worth it, you will like the difference and these are waterproof so no worries about rust or odors lingering in the hose. I wash my hose, bowl, vase, stem EVERY time I use the hookah. In my opinion this is a MUST for a nice good, clean smoke.

Smoking some Nahkla Mint right now with no ice and a 1/4 to 1/2" less water. Works like a charm, I really think it was just so cold (Almost freezing water and it's only about 60 in here) that condensation was forming! Thanks for the help guys and girls.