Shakiness And Lightheaded

you could be getting hookah head. i tend to smoke too quickly when i smoke alone (too many drags in succession, not enough time between). i get nauseus and get a monster headache that nothing will cure.

so either a) smoke with friends or cool.gif give yourself more time between drags

QUOTE (NoPeace @ Dec 13 2007, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i do eat and drink before and during smoking sessions. could it be that im like hypersensitive to nicotine?

if you recently started smoking a different kind like tangiers the nicotine could be really getting you like you suggested. garykains has the right idea... if you smoke alot at once you may not notice that you are taking so many drags in succession. one time i dont know what i did but i ended up throwing up it got me so bad... but only once and i couldnt figure out why.... might be a one time thing, you never know.. just be more conciencious next time you smoke so you might identify what could have caused it.

i get a buzz sometimes when i start a bowl, but it goes away after 5-10 minutes

as far as getting shaky, thats happened to me before, it was me needing some sugar, so i ate some ice cream and felt better.

QUOTE (NoPeace @ Dec 13 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mdl @ Dec 13 2007, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What brand of coals are you using?

lemon wood coals. natural lights from southsmoke

Yup, that will do it. IIRC they contain sulfur (you can see by looking at the ash which is generally a pale yellow/white color) and that sleeping feeling is the result. I used to use lemonwood coals a while back and suffered from those exact symptoms.
Do yourself a favor and get some different coals.

QUOTE (Canon @ Dec 13 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i get a buzz sometimes when i start a bowl, but it goes away after 5-10 minutes

as far as getting shaky, thats happened to me before, it was me needing some sugar, so i ate some ice cream and felt better.

That's exactly what happens to me when I smoke hookah. My blood sugar crashes so I always make sure to eat and drink stuff with sugar and I'm fine.

The affect of nicotine is big, but there is also a lot of Carbon Monoxide (CO) in hookah smoke. Make sure you are in a well ventilated room, sitting in a smoke filled room for too long can definitely make you feel sick.

Easiest way to do it is just put down the hose between hits. Another thing is that when I start to get those kinds of symptoms, it's usually a sign that the water needs to get changed since I'm too lazy to do it after every session as some would suggest. Or hell, even something as simple as putting less holes in the foil helps slow down the burn and limits the amount of smoke. . . though there you might just get lightheaded from pulling harder so probably not the best idea.