Theshishashop

mushrat

This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with www.theshishashop.com. Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.

Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here.

I ordered a couple of 250g pots of Al Fakher from them a couple of months ago. The order arrived 2 days later, so very speedy. Customer service wasnt really an issue then because nothing went wrong and I thus didnt need to use it! The site favours al fakher flavours, but they also stock al waha and nakhla.

I am definitely going to use this site as my primary supplier, especially now that Mohammed there has kindly given me a discount code. He said this code can be used by hookahforum members only, the code is HOOKAHFORUM07 and you have to type it in once, hit redeem, then type it in and hit redeem again for validation. The discount is 10% on orders over £30, not including P&P (but that is cheap (to the UK) anyway). Not that much, but still better than nothing!

I have 2 criticisms of the site, firstly they stock a fairly narrow range of flavours, all of the obvious ones but theres not much there if you want to try something different. As a supplier of staple flavours though, I havent found a better UK based site. The second criticism is that it was quite pricey, however, the discount code has now helped to rectify that situation somewhat. Even before the discount, it still worked out cheaper for buying a couple of tubs than buying from america because of the crippling shipping costs (i calculated it only became worthwhile buying from the US if i spent about £100, so as to split the shipping cost over loads of tubs of tobacco). Also, if you hunt around for some of the reduced price flavours, that helps as well. Theshishashop.com's postage price was very reasonable as well, or so I thought anyway.

Overall satisfaction, 9/10, for a small, quick, no hassle, order of common flavours, in the UK, I haven't found anywhere better.

• 1 month later...
Excellent service from these fellows!
Another successful order received today.
I make an order at least once a week from them and they always deliver next day, no hassle at all.

I've tried most of the UK suppliers and shishashop has (to me anyway) the best service by far. Like hooky said above
most of the staple AF flavours are there, and they have just recently re-stocked a whole heap of Nakhla flavours.

Although I would like to see more of a selection of pipes on there. But other than that, they cant be faulted.
Great shop and I recommend them to anyone in the UK.

• 9 months later...
I made an order of AF from these guys having heard lots about them.

The site is simple to navigate. Decent selection of AF, AW and Nakhla. They suffer from the same drought of AF we're getting across the UK in that some of their flavours were out of stock.

The prices are a touch higher than others that can be found e.g. 1 kg of AF for £39.99 (roughly $80) when it can be found elsewhere (before the drought) on black market for £25 ($50) or for as low as £32 (about $64) online although those prices aren't from established shops like theshishashop.com. Of course now the drought measn 1 KG of AF Double Apple is going for £45 or even higher ($90) in some places since the underground hidden shisha lounges can't get any supply.

I ordered AF Honey and AF Sweet Melon in 250gm plus 2x AF Mint in 50gm (since i use it sparingly).

The order was processed the same day (i received 3 automatic email updates) and i got it the next day, wrapped well, with everything I asked for plus an extra AF Sweet Melon in 250gm as a freebie!

I used the discount code HOOKAHFORUM08 (since the 07 code didn't work) and had to input it twice for 10% off over £30.

Overall very pleased and can recommend them for local UK purchase of AF inbetween my usual orders from MNHOOKAH.

H

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
i am ordering my very 1st shisha off this site, and by the reviews here i feel confident that i will have no probs, but i am a little short-handed on money and would be extremely gratefull to anyone who can give a a discount code, and i will definetly write my review after i have ordered and recived my new shisha

the shisha i am getting is a 24" with an ice chamber for £25 + 99p Charcoal screen + £10 shipping = £36

please comment and let me know i should get this and if anyone has any suggestions

• 1 year later...
[b]Good points:[/b]
[b]
[/b]
Rapid, friendly response to initial enquiry e-mail, happy to substitute a bowl that I wanted as part of a package deal. Order shipped about 24 hours after it was placed, and was delivered next day for a relatively reasonable carriage charge of £4.50, with good communication from the company throughout. The pipe could not conceivably been any better packed; it arrived in a custom-made shipping container, with the base cushioned with polystyrene chips and the stem supported in the box.

[b]Bad points:[/b]
[b]
[/b]
A good quality pipe was let down by inadequate grommets; I do not know that this was the fault of the retailer, but the pipe as it was supplied was unusable. The base grommet was too small for the vase so the pipe leaned over like the Tower of Pisa, the glass bowl supplied with the pipe is not compatible with the Mya plastic bowl grommet supplied with it and needed a larger, rubber one to fit, and the mouthpiece of the hose did not seal with the grommet in the hose handle; it needed an extra plastic grommet, not supplied, applied to the mouthpiece to make it fit.

In fairness to the retailer, I chose to fix these issues myself, as I had most of the items needed (by good fortune, swapping the base grommet with another pipe is actually a better fit for both pipes) and it cost me all of 40p and a five minute walk to obtain the rest, so it just wasn't worth asking them to sort it out. Their service is good enough that I quite believe they would have done; I didn't bother to ask. To me, this was a minor annoyance that has turned out not to be a bad thing, but, a premium hookah package should not turn up in a state unfit to smoke.

In conclusion, they have been helpful and friendly and have fulfilled their obligations promptly, but, they have prioritised offering an impressive package with lots of toys (and it was a good deal) over the minor attention to detail needed to make sure that the pipe, as supplied, is actually usable.

[b]
[/b]

[b]
[/b]