Smiley's Distributor

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not asking for the wholesale price JD, I'm asking for what the consumer will be buying it at. Please tell me you honestly don't think theres a MSRP on the product....

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jul 9 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not asking for the wholesale price JD, I'm asking for what the consumer will be buying it at. Please tell me you honestly don't think theres a MSRP on the product....

You mean Recommended Retail Price? I can see this works with a box of kellogs corn flakes. But I can't see it working with tobacco.

So No, I doubt there is a RRP, or MSRP(?)

JD

OPD, I'd suggest reading the above posts by Husky and Shifty very closely. What they have pointed out are things that need immediate attention, and can make or break your image as the distributor of Smiley's.

What does posting a price on here matter? You think that companies are going to be charging prices all over the spectrum? Take a look at other brands and the websites and stores they sell out of. You'll notice that pretty much every brand stays within 50 cents to a dollar of the same price on every website. So, releasing a "suggested retail" price here.. Is going to do nothing but help your current situation. If it is too high, so be it.. If it's a good price then hell, you just got a bunch of customers.

Bottom line is, we're going to find the price out eventually.. The tobacco is going to be sold at a pretty much equal price at all vendors, or else some vendors won't make money on the product.

To throw a few questions back at you, and make you feel like one of us..

Did you ever take economics class?
Do you know the rules of supply and demand?
Do you have any idea how much packaging means to an EDUCATED consumer base?
Did you know that public relations leaves one of the biggest impacts on customers and whether or not they return to buy more product?
Did you know that the general public does not like to hear bullshit, they would much rather just have the answer they are looking for?

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Victim, please realize that different parts of the country are going to pay different amounts....
I can't charge what I charge in NYC as what I charge in Osh Kosh bagosh(you get my point, I hope)
so that is why I am not putting an MSRP on this forum...
another fact is....if a company I sell to wants to make more money on my product, they can, it isn't my problem..so once again..NO MSRP WILL BE POSTED TODAY!!!!!

Why would it work with Corn Flakes and not on Shisha? Everything has a RRP be it a car, a guitar, a can of soda, corn flakes, cigarettes, or shisha.......

QUOTE (SmokeMojo @ Jul 9 2007, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OPD, I'd suggest reading the above posts by Husky and Shifty very closely. What they have pointed out are things that need immediate attention, and can make or break your image as the distributor of Smiley's.

What does posting a price on here matter? You think that companies are going to be charging prices all over the spectrum? Take a look at other brands and the websites and stores they sell out of. You'll notice that pretty much every brand stays within 50 cents to a dollar of the same price on every website. So, releasing a "suggested retail" price here.. Is going to do nothing but help your current situation. If it is too high, so be it.. If it's a good price then hell, you just got a bunch of customers.

Bottom line is, we're going to find the price out eventually.. The tobacco is going to be sold at a pretty much equal price at all vendors, or else some vendors won't make money on the product.

To throw a few questions back at you, and make you feel like one of us..

Did you ever take economics class?
Do you know the rules of supply and demand?
Do you have any idea how much packaging means to an EDUCATED consumer base?
Did you know that public relations leaves one of the biggest impacts on customers and whether or not they return to buy more product?
Did you know that the general public does not like to hear bullshit, they would much rather just have the answer they are looking for?

Thank you for asking those questions Mojo!!! props to you

Wow, this happened between when i went to bed and when i woke up.

Okay, so, my take on this whole thing:

OPD:
Quality shisha is VERY subjective.
Every brand has flavors people like, and people they dont.
And flavors some people like, other people dont.

Having said that, Fumari, my preferred premium shisha, is 10$ for 100g bags, or 30$ for 400g (4 bags) in their store.

Now, if you are telling me right now that smileys is the highest quality product on the market, you are full of shit.
Why?

Because ive tried smileys.
I went in with high hopes.
And i came out with crap.

I'm not asking for free samples, nobody should be.
But you wont get any more money out of my wallet at 9$ for 150g
And certainly not at 60$ for 300g.

Packaging means nothing.
I dont care if it comes in a solid gold jar, its not worth a thing to me.
My Al Waha comes in jars, and its cheap, and the jars are airtight, and its still cheap.
Granted, if you buy Shisha without a jar, its usually a dollar or two cheaper.

So ill tell you what I, as a long time hookah smoker, would like to see if im going to buy smileys shisha:

1. Reasonable Pricing. I dont mean cheap pricing, you guys can charge whatever you like for tobacco. But it had better be worth the money, or you dont get a second chance. 9$ for 150 was pushing it, but it sold. I would prefer $12 for 250. Taking one dollar off your product's price, increases the value per dollar immensly.

2. A Guarantee. If i get a batch of tobacco so bad I smoke one bowl and i say fuck this (pardon my language), as i did with my first bags of smileys, i want a refund, or an exchange. You wanna charge more for something, thats a reason you can charge more, IMO.

3. An Explanation. I want smiley, not you, to come on here and explain EVERYTHING. From his tobacco being flavorless (being told to put it in the freezer?! *rolls eyes), to the jump in prices (and the reasoning), to the closing of his store. Essentially, I want to know, from the horse's mouth, that this is where i should put my money.

Just a perspective from me. An unknown consumer.

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jul 9 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would it work with Corn Flakes and not on Shisha? Everything has a RRP be it a car, a guitar, a can of soda, corn flakes, cigarettes, or shisha.......

Well OPD did explain it.

A box of corn flakes is probably going to retail within 5% accross the country. (at least in the uk it does)
Tobacco is going to flucuate more than a box of cornflakes.

JD

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jul 9 2007, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jul 9 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well OPD did explain it.

A box of corn flakes is probably going to retail within 5% accross the country. (at least in the uk it does)
Tobacco is going to flucuate more than a box of cornflakes.

JD

That's just not true and if it was then cigarette prices would be exboritant, I paid the same price in florida for my cigarettes when I was on vacation as I did when I got home back to Texas..... This was just last week too.... Seriously RRP and MSRP's apply to everything. It's not hard to guesstimate how much your product will retail for....

Edit: Also if tobacco fluctates so much the why do the prices of other brands stay the same consistently.... it's obviously not fluctating that much..... Edited by Victim026

So you're not going to distribute to online shisha stores, where prices are most consistant?

Sure it may be a different price in NYC, than it is in say Akron, Ohio but people in NYC know they're paying more than the real market price, because they're higher income. There has got to be a median price range for this just like any other tobacco. You can't tell me that it is so special that the price to the public is just unknown. If it is such a priceless commodity, then only the person buying it will know the true value..

So why don't you just throw it up on e-bay as "A gift from God" and see how much you can fetch?

OK.....SO YOU ALL HAVE MADE A VERY CLEAR POINT OF WANTING ONLY ONE PIECE OF INFORMATION FROM ME
FUNNY THING IS THAT IS ONLY ONE FACTOR OF THE PRODUCT LINE
and to reply to some questions asked of me..
yes, I graduated an esteemed business school and yes I understand how business works...so thank you for asking(once again, I want to point out, I don't want to be in a pissing match with everyone here)
so....
you want msrp:
Smiley Snack: $ 5.99
this is suggested retail price...now any of you who have business mentality will understand that simply, I am suggesting this price, this IS NOT what I am selling for: this has a markup that is substanstial...if your a business who wants to make good money on great product, lower the price, lower your profit margin then you can sell tremendous amounts

And another point:
I am doing business already, already selling to lounges/distributors who sell to stores..at the pricing that I have been discussing so all the points that have been made are valid, I am still able to sell the product to people who want it..

QUOTE (OPD @ Jul 9 2007, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK.....SO YOU ALL HAVE MADE A VERY CLEAR POINT OF WANTING ONLY ONE PIECE OF INFORMATION FROM ME
FUNNY THING IS THAT IS ONLY ONE FACTOR OF THE PRODUCT LINE
and to reply to some questions asked of me..
yes, I graduated an esteemed business school and yes I understand how business works...so thank you for asking(once again, I want to point out, I don't want to be in a pissing match with everyone here)
so....
you want msrp:
Smiley Snack: $ 5.99
this is suggested retail price...now any of you who have business mentality will understand that simply, I am suggesting this price, this IS NOT what I am selling for: this has a markup that is substanstial...if your a business who wants to make good money on great product, lower the price, lower your profit margin then you can sell tremendous amounts

And another point:
I am doing business already, already selling to lounges/distributors who sell to stores..at the pricing that I have been discussing so all the points that have been made are valid, I am still able to sell the product to people who want it..

See now was that all that hard to do? And a Smiley Snack is what 15g AKA a hookah shot? And can you direct us to any of these retailers that already have this product in stock and ready to ship please? Edited by Victim026

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jul 9 2007, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Friends, friends, let us keep the posting civil.

It we do not throw barbs and arrows at the character of another man, we prevent him from becoming very defensive regarding the position of something personal to him.

he started out the very first post being extremely defensive....wasnt necessarily our comments.......

QUOTE (Ehagen8008 @ Jul 9 2007, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It we do not throw barbs and arrows at the character of another man, we prevent him from becoming very defensive regarding the position of something personal to him.

he started out the very first post being extremely defensive....wasnt necessarily our comments.......

And lets not give him reason to be continue to be defensive.
Information is more important than anger.

I am awaiting a response to my post as well.

Well, OPD is not going to be selling it direct ?

So we will have to wait until it hits shops and/or online stores.

OPD - Where is this available currently? So that one might order a sampler?

JD

QUOTE (Calcartman @ Jul 9 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Ehagen8008 @ Jul 9 2007, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And lets not give him reason to be continue to be defensive.
Information is more important than anger.

I am awaiting a response to my post as well.

Unfortunatley it took anger to finally get an answer... it's like pulling teeth.....

QUOTE (Ehagen8008 @ Jul 9 2007, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I apologize if I came across as "defensive"...
of the customers I am currently dealing with, no body online has it yet...I am only dealing with lounges and retail outlets right now(brick and mortar)
once again, the offer is out there, let me know of the store(retailer-brick and mortar) that you buy from, I will call and discuss options to get samples to you through them...
thanks so much in advance for your help and comments as I would like to become a part of this community....

Thank you OPD..

Everyone knows the MSRP are higher than the actual selling price the majority of the time anyways. So don't get all upset at releasing a price that is a little higher than we're used to. We realize it's an MSRP and not what it will be sold at.

You've made it clear that you want to only deal with lounges, dist, or wholesalers. Not a overly friendly approach, but it's your choice. Just remember, the members here are the customers of the product - even if sold to a company, who in turns sells it to me, the "service" side of things will color people's opnions.

You have asked what vendors people purchase from, this is easy to locate - as a member of the fourm, you have access to the Review section. A quick scan should let you see which companies are the ones that many people enjoy and frequent. I will not list the companies I use, as I feel this is not the place to discuss this - I don't want to skew any vendors toward or against.

I did want to let you know that truthfully, packaging has little to no "selling point" to many on the forums. Every tub, carton, bag or jar of shisha I have purcahsed has ALWAYS gone into a new airtight contianer - even my smileys. I buy my shisha for what it is, not how it looks. I would willingly purchase SB if it was sold without the can for a few dollars less, due to I will repack it into the container of my choice.

One persons Quaility is anothers garbage - and visa versa. I personally enjoy "several" higher end shisha, but only becasue they can't be replaced (taste, smoke, lasting, ect) with lesser priced versions. My cupboard runs the gambit from $20 shisha to $5 shisha. Each has it's pluses and minuses, the fact there are SO MANY choices makes things great for the hookah smoker.

I have smoked Smileys - it was alright, but unless the changes were drastic (and I'm not saying they aren't - no one knows, so truthfully no-one can judge it yet) I wouldn't invest in anymore unless they are "sample" sized (50g packs are normally considered sample packs). I just dislike spending my hard earned money on something I know nothing about or have had previus bad experisences.

Time will tell, but remember - alienating the user base does no one good.

And welcome to the forums. Edited by lazria

Nothing to see here, move along, the fireworks show is over.....You all have to understand that he is a distributor coming here and asking your opinion on some things. It quickly turned to pricing, his distributor pricing to a retailer is going to fluctaute based on many factors, volume, discounts, region etc etc. So lets quit beating him up about pricing. I think Smiley should be here defending HIS product, I admire OPD for coming into the lions den and remaining calm for so long, I would have been frustrated a lot sooner hehe. I am sure if you wanted a large volume for yourself he could probably work out pricing for you, but his money comes from selling to the retailers.

Billy

"once again, the offer is out there, let me know of the store(retailer-brick and mortar) that you buy from, I will call and discuss options to get samples to you through them...
thanks so much in advance for your help and comments as I would like to become a part of this community...."

Still failing there OPD...We are not retailers and we don't own stores....

QUOTE (Shifty @ Jul 9 2007, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"once again, the offer is out there, let me know of the store(retailer-brick and mortar) that you buy from, I will call and discuss options to get samples to you through them...
thanks so much in advance for your help and comments as I would like to become a part of this community...."

Still failing there OPD...We are not retailers and we don't own stores....

He wants to know where you shop dude.
Where do you buy your tobacco?
so he can deal with them, and get it to you through that.
I'm about to PM him myself.