Smoking With Asthma

How many other people on here have asthma? I've had it my whole life, worse when i was younger. Is smoking hookah really dangerous for people with asthma? i havnt noticed it hurting my lungs much or anything. I think its a little healthier than smoking cigarettes, but I'm not sure.

its a pretty dumb thing to do. i was born with it and then eventually out grew it i smoke cigarettes and hookah i just dont suggest it if youre still hitting an inhaler when you run. Im a nurse as well its just not a smart idea when you do start to feel it its gonna hurt.

hi there, bit of a reader on the forums and finally made an account.

asthma all depends on how bad you got it really. if you cant survive without your inhaler then stay away from smoking. i personally smoke and have asthma. i know when i am getting short of breath too much so stop at the right time. very "way" way to learn how much is too much if you dont know already from living with asthma for years....run...when you run you can find how much is too much on how short of breath you can be and then remember that for when you smoke. it wont feel entirely the same but it will be similar.

I've never noticed the Hookah affecting my asthma really. If you can go through your everyday reutine without using a fast-acting inhaler I would say Hookah would be alright. Just take it in moderation... after all, smoke IS bad for you, just don't become someone who smokes like 6 times a day. Know your own limits and you should be fine.

QUOTE ([Elmo] @ Jun 22 2007, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never noticed the Hookah affecting my asthma really. If you can go through your everyday reutine without using a fast-acting inhaler I would say Hookah would be alright. Just take it in moderation... after all, smoke IS bad for you, just don't become someone who smokes like 6 times a day. Know your own limits and you should be fine.

+1

Pay attention to your asthma if you start having issues then quit... thus far I have not, but I am still trying to keep it to around once a week. As far as "is it better than cigarettes", most people here believe so, but there isn't enough studies for some of us to convince us one way or the other on healthy people, I seriously doubt that asthma has been seriously considered/studied to give you a real up front (or accurate) answer.

I've had asthma since I was iddle-biddle. :/
So, here's what I've got to say. I've been smoking hookah for close to a year and a half or so, and so far, it's only given my asthma minor trouble on two occasions. By comparison, back when I smoked cigarettes and cheap cigars, I would have minor-to-moderate asthma troubles once a week. As a good rule to live by, I never smoke when there are other triggers around, I go outside to smoke whenever possible and always-always-always have your inhaler at the ready.