Hookah Noob From Cali =]

Kae

Hey all =] I'm Kae, and I just got my first hookah. I was addicted before it arrived blink.gif

The weekend before last, my fiance and I threw a party. We had 17 people fly in from all corners of the country. Two friends of ours brought a hookah. I swear, we were hooked from the beginning, lol...

The next day, we went online, and bought an 18in acyrlic base something-or-other. Idk...it's pretty, and it works wink.gif We had to wait over a week to get it, and we pretty much haven't stopped smoking since (and boy, do I have a headache!>_<) We recieved a couple packages of Romman (sp?) tobacco with it, cherry & coconut, and life was good.

Never satisfied, I went downtown (I live in Santa Cruz, CA), and found a little Indian head shop that sells shisha, and we picked up some Starbuzz Irish Cream. It's awesome...but...meh...FULL of stems, and it was pretty expensive ($14 for 100g). It was stronger in flavor, and thicker smoke, than the other, tho.

So, being the mad researcher that I am, I found this forum site. I'm obviously brand new to this whole ordeal, and I find the Reviews section to be very helpful (except the parts where people are like "the cut is like all Starbuzz!" or Tangiers, or whatever...). I'd like to find something comparable in taste-intensity, but maybe not quite as expensive. We're an Army family, hardcore video gamers, and on a somewhat limited budget =X I wonder if maybe we could get some good stuff from our friends over in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I do like that I can smoke one bowl of the Starbuzz for close to 2 hours....when smoking by myself. far cheaper than cigarettes, that's for sure!

I recommend you to smoke Alfakher. It's wet and the taste is just fantastic.Thick smoke too and the flavor will last till the last puff. You have to know how to control the heat management. I recommend you use 2 3kings 33mm quick light coal and break them into 2 pieces and place them on the outer ring of your head/bowl and work your way to the center of the bowl. Peace hope you enjoy your stay here and keep smoking hookah and blow some O's for me smile.gif

Guest CRACKITY
Hey Kae,

I've had my hookah now for only a couple of years and I only smoke it on occasion, but have always really enjoyed it. I have had great success with Al-waha shisha. I will admit that I have read more negative things about it [Al-waha] than I have positive, but for my own experience it's been great. Thick smoke, great flavor. Maybe I got lucky. Might be worth checking out.
Also, google hookah tips and tricks an you'll find all sorts of info on how to best enjoy your hookah. If you haven't tried it yet, add some ice to the water you use in your hookah. That will further cool the smoke and makes it very mild. Of all the different things I've read and tried over the last couple of years that's been my favorite.

Anyway, enjoy!

Thanks all =]

I've been buying the 50g packs, trying out brands and flavors. I'm really digging the floral flovors. My fiance looooves all the different coconuts (I don't...too much nut, not enough coco wink.gif ). We're settling in for a night of WoW and hookah with some Al Waha Winter Flower, and maybe some After Nine later =]

Hey, its another hookahteer near me! Welcome to the boards!
I definitely suggest buying the bigger tubs (and buy online at that), as the tobacco is cheaper the more you buy, and from my experience the little boxes arent as juicy as the bigger tubs.

If you ever go farther north, there are lots of head shops in berkeley, though i warn you everything is far overpriced! If you want to try Fumari though, Whalens Smoke Shop on the corner of telegraph avenue sells it. (they call it their own home-made shisha, they lie)

QUOTE (Kae @ Jun 2 2007, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks all =]

I've been buying the 50g packs, trying out brands and flavors. I'm really digging the floral flovors. My fiance looooves all the different coconuts (I don't...too much nut, not enough coco wink.gif ). We're settling in for a night of WoW and hookah with some Al Waha Winter Flower, and maybe some After Nine later =]

What server?

QUOTE (PerznPerversion @ Jun 4 2007, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Kae @ Jun 2 2007, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks all =]

What server?

Skullcrusher (Ally) is my main, and where we are playing the majority of the time...but we have toons on several servers (I have 39 toons, on 18 diff servers)