*sigh* Wow

Allia22

Ok, not even 3 minutes ago I was told "No, you smoke a bong. You have a bong," and asked if I make special brownies out of my 'bong water.' WOW laugh.gif

I call them stupid on a regular basis, they've seen me with my hookah in the school parking lot (yeah, I'd smoke anything like that in the freaking school parking lot! dumbasses). I think they just choose to be retarded... Edited by Allia22

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Apr 17 2007, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, not even 3 minutes ago I was told "No, you smoke a bong. You have a bong," and asked if I make special brownies out of my 'bong water.' WOW laugh.gif

Allia it happens me all the time. poeple that don't undersand need to be educated and not ridiculed if possible. I educate anyone that ask me about Hookah or makes a coment like Thats a Bong. So I let them know the truth. I poke at them verbally in a way they don't even know they are being messed with. This satisfifes the need to directly tell them to f^&k off. Also they are useually so dumb that they have no idea i am calling them dumb. In so many words. I suggest to type out a response and copy them. Carry them with you and give them out to the people that ask you questions about it. Or make snide coments about your Hookah. This way if your educated in the truth then you can educate the Blind. Try it out. Really works.
Smiley

Yeah.... I got that last week. in my own backyard.

Had a new roof put on last Wed, I finished my taxes so I decided to go outside where it was not so noisy and set up in the shade. Got many strange looks from the roofers.... and the foreman who I sat down by.

"What kind uva bong izzat?!"

"Naw, its not what you think", says I. I ended up explaining it to everyone who asked..... "no, its not a bong".

No one really believed it till the I started puffing some SB Peach clouds..... then they believed me and started asking the REAL questions.

One of the "amigos" even came off from the roof to have a look. He told me in his broken english "I never sees theese thing before."

Mrs Johnny, over the last week, has been telling the immediate new neighbours of
my little hobby of smoking narghila!

And considering i'm in the backwater of suffolk (We're talking webbed feet here girls) most of
them were really interested in it.

And not one of them mentioned the unmentionables!!!!!!

So Johnny is somewhat of a local freak!

Which suits me fine!

JD - Webfeet surgery in 2 days time laugh.gif

Haha, right? I was packing my funnel in the last 5 minutes of class one day. Seriously, the people in question SAW my various flavors of SB, without a doubt smelled the stuff, and still chose to be ignorant. I don't even know how many times I've tried to patiently explain everything to them T_T

I was cleaning out my glass mod and my teacher, who was present in the room on numerous occasions where I was accused, take my funnel and attempt to toss it out, making me have to run after him and explain (once again) how I'm actually getting ripped on by a few classmates because I refuse to be stupid with my hookah. After some hesitation he gave it back, then muttered "That's not good for you." Needless to say, it's not easy being me around here sad.gif

What do you expect?....it's Wisconsin!

You should see the looks I get from my co-workers when I light up. Even after I "educate" them, they still won't try "that shit..." I think supidity is in the water here...thats why I drink bottled water! LOL!!

Just my 2 cents from the Northwoods....

Harry

Makes me wonder how the hell I ended up so different from everyone in the area where I was born and raised... what part are you stuck in?

Some people almost don't want to be educated. I have friends who know it's tobacco, but still won't get near it as if it was rat poison. Illegal rat poison.

But, other people love it when you expose them to hookahs. My mother even tried it while wifey and I were smoking on a family camping trip. Needless to say, I was shocked. Even more shocked that she liked Romman Fruit Cocktail the best. Now when she's over at our house, the conversation goes like: "Where's your shoosha thing?" "Huh?" "You know, your smoking thing." "Um, why? Are you wanting to smoke it?" "No, no... Just wondering I guess."

Wow its makes me glad that i live in So Cal and work in the Hookah business! wub.gif You guys really have people treat you poorly because of your Hookahs? I know i get questions all the time but i have never had anyone treat me bad because of it. My Hookah bar, Sinbad Cafe' (sorry had 2 throw the name) is right on a main street in Pacific Beach, CA. Well it's actually kind of like the PARTY street of San Diego. There r lots of bars and tourist things to do. Anyways we have tourists and others that are not familiar with Hookah walk past and stare at the customers smoking Hookah on the front patio. They usually end up coming in and trying it. Some of them make stupid jokes about the unmentionables but once we explain everyone seems to be really interested! I guess what I am trying to say is; "Cheers to So Cal!"

I personally apologize for contributing to something that touches on this forums rules.... I must admit that my post probably didnt help matters much.

I will say that I dont think this thread doesnt have so much to do with "Drug Use" as much as it addresses the "Stigma" hookah smokers face from time to time. Unfortunately hookah smoking gets confused for doing drugs and the equiptment gets labled as paraphenalia.

ON some level, hookah smokers need to voice our concerns about "labeling" to formulate a means for overcoming the negetive outlook of the uninformed.

At some point, hookah smokers will want to unite on this issue.... I understand if it cant be done here.... but it will have to be done somewhere at some point. Edited by Lakemonster

I'm not surprised that in a country founded by religious zealots (read Puritans) we run across people who, in spite of evidence to the contrary, refuse to take a wider view of the world, especially at a time when things are so f**ked up in the middle east.

Sometimes I wonder if we are all natural xenophobes. One has to ask oneself, though; What was my first thought when I was first introduced to hookah? My first hookah (bought in a head shop too many years ago to count) was used for exactly what we know it's not used for. In my defense, I was deeply influenced by the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland. (If you've ever heard Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit, you know what I mean).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can't fault someone for ignorance. But, if presented with the truth, they still choose ignorance, walk away. You'll never convince them otherwise, and you'll only rile yourself up in the process, and you're better than that.

P.S. To those who monitor the postings herein; I apologize for skirting dangerously close to "That Which Should Not Be Discussed." I only did so to make a point. I, too, was ignorant once.

P.P.S. Sorry for pontificating...

Threads doing ok..still here isn't it... cool.gif

But i agree...Between people asking about stuff other than shisha, and people keep making "hooker" (as in prostitute) jokes im ready to go postal. And I'm not even OPEN yet fer crying out loud.... wacko.gif