By Popular Demand... Instructions To Make The Scalli Mod

Before I get into how to make it, I wanna say this. This is the last time I wanna type something like this out, so next time you ask..... I'm gonna say "Use the search n00b." With that said, I cannot say whether my mods are as good of quality as the ones sold by MN Hookah, but since they are sold out and I get a PM every 5 minutes as how to make one, I feel that warrants this post.

Ok, so go down to your local hardware store. If you own a small, you can go with 1/2, but 3/4 works for pretty much all of them... so anyway, buy a 3/4 copper cap. It should cost about 50 cents.

Go home, and get the cap hot, and I mean red hot til its glowing. I have a propane torch that I use to make my mods but also to light my coals, haha. When it gets that hot, get two pairs of needle nose pliers (one pair doesn't have to be needle nose, but to keep it simple, yeah two pairs). One pair will be used to hold the glowing hot cap the other (the needle nose) will be used to make some bends. You wanna bend it outward, in 3 points so it looks like a triangle in the points.

You aren't done yet. You now have a very hot, 3 pointed copper cap. You can cool the cap off if you wish, but its easier to work with while hot still. Find some concrete, and keep your mod nice and hot. Place mod on ground. Get a hammer. Hit mod on the flat top side with hammer. This will flatten the mod out so its height will not exceed that of the bowl. Make sure the your bends stay kinda bendy as that are the only thing that keep the mod up and provide airflow.

Repeat smacking the mod down a few times until you get it just right. I like my mod to be just below the ridge of the bowl.

And thats it, you should be done. Cool the mod off and begin smoking.

NOTE: If you don't have a propane torch, thats ok. You can still make the mod without the torch, but its harder while cold and in general takes a little more muscle to make the bends and smack the cap down.

yay this was what you PMed to me before.

i also asked for pics like that guy, but im pretty sure i can figure it out. unfortunately your pm came after ace hardware closed and i dont know any other places around my apt. haggard ill tell you what zero told me, look on youtube for scalli's videos. actually here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=scalliwagrx8

thanks alot for your help zero Edited by teox

QUOTE (NargileClub @ Mar 18 2007, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Copper Oxcide mmmm i made mine out of glass. This way i don't have to Smoke Copper Oxcide. Nice idea but i would change the Metal you are chooseing to use. Copper Oxcides
Smiley

*gasp* You've got a prototype? I feel giddy! XD

QUOTE (NargileClub @ Mar 18 2007, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Copper Oxcide mmmm i made mine out of glass. This way i don't have to Smoke Copper Oxcide. Nice idea but i would change the Metal you are chooseing to use. Copper Oxcides
Smiley

Hrmm, i think there could be a market for that. Glass mods... I would buy one.

Yes it works really well. I think another metal would be better than Copper maybe stainless Steal would work better. But Brass and Copper try to leave alone. They don't like us and our brains don't like them. Look for the Glass Mod on the Nargile Club. It will be added by the end of the week. They are not expensive. I will post a thread to let you guys know. But till them try to stay away from those low heat metals they release too many Oxcides that are just bad for your brains. I want you to be smokeing when your fifty and not drooling on yourself instead because your brain doen't function anymore. smoke well friends
Smiley

i made a stainless steel mod. i used an old piece of bar equipment i had lying around...

hehe it's called a jigger.

but i would pay for a glass one. that sounds sweet. you should attach the glass mod to the underside of a glass screen and sell it like that, or as separate pieces

Al foil ftw.

where did you get the clear hose from?

i think there are glass screens on the club site. ill be placing an order soon biggrin.gif Edited by teox

Definitely going to keep my eyes on Nargile Club for the mod as I'm in for sure....

Will you guys be selling phunnel bowls too? Looking for a small one and MNH is out and I'm still not quite sure if HC is shipping again - - would like to get it all in one order if possible