Ohmy goodness!

I am having a major buzz right now. This is th first time I've got Tangier's F-line Coco to smoke properly and let me tell you...it is one of the best buzzes I have eve gotten. The only thing is, how do you build up to be able to tak bigger hits? I can only hit for, like, 3 seconds before I feel like I am going to cough. Is there anything I can do to be able to hit more? Or is it just a keep smoking until you can do it situation? Oh well, the smell is amazing and I would definitely recommend anyone to try Tangier's if they haven't already.

And again, Anchorman is one of the best movies to watch while smoking hookah!

The only time I've had a hard time taking a hit is when I'm burning the shisha, but then again I've never smoked Tangiers... yet.

QUOTE (xDizzyGuyx @ Jul 12 2007, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trust me, BB, it's a whole different animal

True. I remember the first time I got Tangiers to smoke really well. Some pointers: Pack the bowl high, but not touching the foil, make sure you mix it well before you pack the bowl, don't mash or break apart the tobacco before you pack it, put it in the bowl right out of the bag, and poke bigger holes than you normally do. All of those things work for me.

Should it be packed tight? Also, 1 or 2 charcoals? Quick-lites? Someone told me break it apart a bit to make it loser will make it taste better. I seem to get a few good hits then it gets harsh, not harsh like burning shisha, just makes me want to cough or swallow a little bit.

Speaking of Tangiers, does anyone have any that they'd like to sell? I'm just dying to get my hands on some.

I have the following BB, that I'd be willing to sell some of. All are 250g bags and a few of them haven't been smoked yet.

Strawberry
Kashmir Peach
Lemon Blossom
F-line Cocoa
F-line kashmir
F-line Red Tea
Passion Fruit
Tropical Revenge (almost like an orange pineapple taste, very sweet)
Orange Soda
Watermelon
Guava

PM if you're interested. I'm willing to sell like 100g or 50g if you don't want the the whole 250g, whatever you're interested in let me know.

i love Tangiers! recently bought some f-line Kashmir... the way i explain it to people is that it almost felt like i got hit in the face. my lips nose and cheeks kinda started getting numb... It was awesome! I loaded up all Kashmir and smoked that thing silly though. not just puff puffin along. i wanted to test this f-line out, see just how good it is. well it showed me, and made me its bitch. and i liked it!

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jul 12 2007, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only time I've had a hard time taking a hit is when I'm burning the shisha, but then again I've never smoked Tangiers... yet.

Okay, having never smoked Tangiers either, I have a question.... Why is it a bigger buzz? The buzz supposedly comes from the nicotine and Tangiers is supposedly 3% opposed to 5% for say Pharoh's - which I smoke a lot of. So I'm curious as to why the bigger buzz from Tangiers.

'Rani

QUOTE (tj154906 @ Jul 13 2007, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (xDizzyGuyx @ Jul 12 2007, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trust me, BB, it's a whole different animal

True. I remember the first time I got Tangiers to smoke really well. Some pointers: Pack the bowl high, but not touching the foil, make sure you mix it well before you pack the bowl, don't mash or break apart the tobacco before you pack it, put it in the bowl right out of the bag, and poke bigger holes than you normally do. All of those things work for me.

is it bad that i do almost the complete opposite of this? lol. I mean I am a tangiers rep and Eric says do it one way but I just have to be difficult and it smokes great the way I do it too. My advice: keep trying it different ways.. you will probably mess up a bunch of bowls but you will figure it out nd then just pack it like tht for there after,,

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jul 13 2007, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jul 12 2007, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, having never smoked Tangiers either, I have a question.... Why is it a bigger buzz? The buzz supposedly comes from the nicotine and Tangiers is supposedly 3% opposed to 5% for say Pharoh's - which I smoke a lot of. So I'm curious as to why the bigger buzz from Tangiers.

'Rani

those numbers basically mean nothing besides telling you if it is washed or unwashed. If it is .5 it is unwashed (or .3--Eric thought he was cool) and if it is .05 it is washed. if you think about it though.. layalina is unwashed but I have never got a buzz from it and tangiers supposably has less and its a kick in the ass. Well anyways.. to make this short.. the manufactures don't really test each batch.. the number is there jus to tell you if they wash it or not and each batch can vary pretty big on the nicotine scale

QUOTE (SmokeMojo @ Jul 13 2007, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the following BB, that I'd be willing to sell some of. All are 250g bags and a few of them haven't been smoked yet.

Strawberry
Kashmir Peach
Lemon Blossom
F-line Cocoa
F-line kashmir
F-line Red Tea
Passion Fruit
Tropical Revenge (almost like an orange pineapple taste, very sweet)
Orange Soda
Watermelon
Guava

PM if you're interested. I'm willing to sell like 100g or 50g if you don't want the the whole 250g, whatever you're interested in let me know.

PM sent

I have let it acclimate for 4+ hours completely exposed, not just in an open bag, and it is still harsh. I have tried natural coals, bigger holes, i just do 2 rings around the edge and none in the middle. I have tried doubling up on foil. I have 3x250g of tangiers and can't get any to smoke perfect. It keeps making me wnat to cough!

I just finished an amazing bowl of Tangiers orange soda. I let the whole bag sit out for a few hours the other day and then I let it sit out more again today. I packed my funnel with how much I would for any other shisha... and then added another 15-20g and packed it nice and full, just barely below the top. I used one 40mm quicklite broken in half and it smoked beautifully. I'm still getting use to the higher amount of nicotine and that tickle in the throat, but it didn't really effect how much I enjoyed the flavor and the knock-me-on-my-ass buzz.

From what I understand, it's just something you'll get use to if you keep smoking Tangiers. Which must be, becauseas my session went on last night, I found myself taking longer and longer hits.

Usually adding a bit more tobacco reduces or eliminates the tickle.

On a 0-10 scale, ten being way too much tobacco, 0 being way too little, 5 being a perfect amount, this is what you can expect:

0-Smoke is thin and harsh. Tobacco tends to scorch quickly. Burnt, rubbery awful flavor. Smoke is little more than a wisp.
1-Smoke is thin and harsh. Smoke is too thin, less than would be expected. Flavor varies from rubbery to harsh, vague flavor.
2-Smoke is thin and harsh. Flavor slightly peeks through, but overall generally harsh.
3-Smoke is medium, somewhat harsh, flavor is good.
4-Smoke is good, slightly harsh, flavor is well developed.
5-Perfect! Smoke is smooth, a very slight twinge from the nicotine, perhaps, depending on flavor.
6-Smoke is a little thicker, flavor is good, but often gets harsh an hour or two in and gets worse through more smoking. Juice may leak down sides of phunnel bowls an hour or two in to smoking. One or two streaks of juice.
7-Smoke is good, flavor is pretty good, slightly off and bitter, smoke becomes slightly erratic and gets thin when charcoal aren't flipped regularly. Coal may stick slightly to foil or screen. Several streaks of juice will stream from under foil and down the sides.
8-Smoke is fair, flavor is barely distinct, dominated by a bitter plastic flavor. Charcoal sticking to foil/screen. Juice may be apparent on top of foil., some leaking down sides.
9-Smoke is weak, flavor is only "sweetened plastic". Charcoal nearly impossible to remove from foil. Juice prevalent on foil. A little juice leaking from sides immediately.
10-Smoke is non-existent or very slight. Coal sticks to foil immediately. Flavor awful and soapy. Juice leaking from foil, top and sides.

Several of you guys sound like you are in the 3 to 4 range. Edited by Sonthert

something I found that can help with harshness is colder water/base, try chilling your base in the fridge in a bit, I usually put some water and ice in the base just so have to add water and risk shattering it. Try and let me know

HERE YA GO!
Hi! Here's how you get over that pesky coughing thing. It was taught to me in the Navy, amazingly During Firefighting training!
Just relax your breathing while taking the tobacco into your lungs! a cough is your bodies way of expelling "bad air" forcibly, (usually from air sucked in too fast). Your lungs are thinking this is bad stuff, and trying to expell it. By taking it in a pace your lungs can handle, not trying to fill your lungs to capacity (give it a little space), and with a little focus, you can get the best hits off your hookah!
Hope this helps!