The Witch

mushrat

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (mushrat @ Oct 3 2008, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Place reviews for The Witch Hookah here please. Keep questions an non-review comments to the main discussion area.

The Witch is my first and only, so far. It's inexpensive, portable, and works suprisingly well. I'm using a Platinum vodka bottle as the base, and had to wrap the mouth in electric tape to make the stem fit snugly. It still leans a little, though.

Actually got The Witch free from TheHookah.com

Used a Jack Daniel's bottle. Which looked pretty sweet might I add....Trying to make the stem fit was a pain, and I believe we had to use different gorments for the mouth and the hose was a bit loose, but it did the job. The hose was okay, nothing special, one of those stock hoses that lasts a few months. Came with a small bowl, I'm used to a phunnel but the one it came with was alright. Biggest con was the tray. It was tiny.

It's currently in my car boxed up. Mostly for those unexpected days you go without smoking and just need a bowl once and awhile.

Overall 4/10
Mostly for the unique idea of interchanging the vase.
I personally don't think its worth purchasing.

Post pictures later. Edited by IamWhee

• 1 month later...
I bought The Witch a few months ago from thehookah.com. I absolutely love this thing. I get comments and stares everywhere I take it. I currently have it mounted on a Jagermeister bottle but I keep an Ale-8 bottle on hand for on-campus smoking. Don't let the size of this thing fool you. It smokes like a champ. You have to draw a little harder than with a normal hookah, but that's a minor detail I can look past. I'm always on the go and always craving hookah so me and The Witch is a match made in heaven. I took it to Prince (a local hookah bar in Lexington) and all the workers there love it. Makes a great conversation piece. I also use a vortex bowl... longevity + portability = one helluva smoke. I highly recommend this to anyone needing a portable hookah. I'm currently saving up for a Khalil Mamoon as my stay-at-home hookah. 10/10!!

[attachment=2614:09_23_08_1913.jpg]

• 4 months later...
The "Witch"

Reason for buying: I have always wanted a 40oz bottle hookah and I was all too stoked to fulfill the dream when I found the witch at thehookah.com. I wasn't expecting very much for a $15 hookah.

The Bowl: It comes with a little tiny clay bowl. And I have to say it isn't too bad.

Stem: Short little thing, serves its purpose.

Purge: Worst purge ever

Hose:
Shitty hose, took none draw and took it out and replaced it with a mod

Hose Port: Tiny, doesn't even fit a mya hose.

Bottle: An Olde English 40oz bottle. I find that this is possibly the most flawless vase for the witch. You fill it up to water to the top of the label.

First sessions: I am impressed! I have only smoked Nakhla apple from it but I must I am impressed. Thick clouds, draws decently. The bowl is fantastic, i've put about 10 grams of Nakhla in and my sessions have lasted a little over an hour.

Overall: It's price, convenience, and portability out weigh its negatives. I am overall pleased and stoked on every aspect of the purchase. I will be probably using this the most out of all my other hookahs as it is easy to maintain, I can have this around people without fear of it breaking. I would recommend this to almost everyone, especially for someone who is worried about someone breaking there hookah if you bring it places. 8.67/10

[attachment=3500:40ozBottleHookah.jpg]

• 5 months later...
I have one of these,
and I have to say, while I want to like it, I still haven't found the right combination yet. The hose on mine had a really bad, old plastic taste that I was hoping would go away after a few smokes, and it has...but only sort of. I'll give that more time.
My main problem with it at the moment is that for quite a few bottles I've tried, it has a bad case of the "leans". While I can smoke a hookah and hold it steady at the same time, I prefer not to.
I'll keep it, but the jury is still out at this point.
John P.