Cigars #2

oggie505#2

I went to London last night and tried a new stick. i am a fan of the platnium zino davidoffs, so I decided to try a new one they got in.

It was a Zino Classic Premium Selection No.6, I would have to say it was a nice smoke, had a good leather flavor to it. I complimented the cigar with some goos 18yr old Macallan. I will def get this stick again, but not here in london since it was the same price as my cubans I smoke, but when I come back tot he states, I will have to pick a few of these up.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (JonDubya @ Jul 10 2007, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a big Acid Wafe fan for quick smokes or when you go somewhere and don't want people complaining [as much] about the cigar smell.

I really like the Acid Wafes. They're small and they offer a quick smoke. I also get a lot of comments about it, since it's a flat cigar. I'd like to try the Fuente Forbidden X cigar, but those are way to expensive for me. I'll just stick with my Montecristos and Acids for the time being.

• 4 weeks later...
Just smoked a good stick the other day, my wife had to goto london to get some stuff at eh embassy for her upcoming trip, so she was nice and stopped by davidoff's and picked me up a new stick

HOYO DE MONTERREY HABANA
Edicion Limitada

I wa shesitant at first, the Hoyo habana's are not my fav, but I do like the non-cuban ones you buy in the states. But I will admit this is a good stick, a nice medium body cigar, and had hits on oak and spice in it. Might not be those flavors, but that is what I tasted

It went well with my Glenfidich 12 Yr old Toasted Oak reserve, Limited Edition, finished about 1/2 the bottle while smoking.[attachment=515:DSC01346.JPG] Edited by oggie505#2

I had a great cigar about 7 or 8 years ago on a camping trip. I couldn't remember the name of it until I talked to my friend that brought them. It was a Partagas Limited Reserve. It was one of the best cigars I ever had. Edited by Dunkel!

ha ha ha, that is actually my fav habana. I will admit i am not a fan of cohiba produced in the Dominican Republic I feel they are overrated. They are actually not even affiliated with the cuban brand.

but the ones u see in the pick are the best, unfortuntely they cost 32 pounds, which is like 64 bucks a stick, so i limit to 2 a humidor at a time Edited by oggie505#2

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Aug 2 2007, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ha ha ha, that is actually my fav habana. I will admit i am not a fan of cohiba produced in the Dominican Republic I feel they are overrated. They are actually not even affiliated with the cuban brand.

but the ones u see in the pick are the best, unfortuntely they cost 32 pounds, which is like 64 bucks a stick, so i limit to 2 a humidor at a time

yeah I had a 10 box i split with a friend, but my favorite habana is a psp2 and a psd4 montecristo makes a nice cuban purchase also. Hard to get me here in the states, some times you get fined sad.gif

and the DR cohibas are crap (RP 4 lyfe!)

H. Upmann Mag 46s are my favorite go-to habano. Just got in some of the new Cohiba Maduro 5s along with a couple boxes of Partagas Culebras! Really excited for the Boli Gold Medals to show up next week.
Those HdM Regalos ELs are brand new! Like just came off the island a month ago. Tell your wife that was a nice pickup!

TYLER

If you want a great cigar, and it ranks in my second fav cigar ever is the Zino Platinum Crown Series Cigars, the Chubby Especial, they have a hefty price tag but they are awesome cigar, not many shops have them in the states, but if you find one spend the money and get a stick. they have a guarantee too if it does not burn proper you can exchange it for another cigar

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Aug 9 2007, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want a great cigar, and it ranks in my second fav cigar ever is the Zino Platinum Crown Series Cigars, the Chubby Especial, they have a hefty price tag but they are awesome cigar, not many shops have them in the states, but if you find one spend the money and get a stick. they have a guarantee too if it does not burn proper you can exchange it for another cigar

There was just a deal recently, some licensed Habanos SA dealer out of canada put an ad in Cigar aficionado. For $1 they would send you your choice of a premium cuban or non-cuban cigar. I got a Zino Platinum. biggrin.gif
Never had one before because of the price tag, but I must say they are one of the few sticks that are almost worth their price tag.

TYLER

QUOTE (joetuo @ Aug 13 2007, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sean if you like the perdomo lot 23 not to long ago they released it with a maduro wrapper. I would pick one up if you can find it they are very tasty.

I'm not a fan at all of the Lot 23s, I think they're much too mild. The maduros on the other hand are a completely different story. Love love love them! Definitely worth picking some up!

TYLER

today while mowing the lawn i smoked my last LGC series R #4 Maduro, its a good smoke a bit bitter to my taste, i like the natural LGC series r, i got one 4 and a 6 left, gonna stock up on them when i am back in the states in oct

• 2 weeks later...
new drew estate cigar.
Isla Del Sol by Drew Estate
drew estate released a new cigar this month. I tried a few and I liked them. They taste like a mounds bar with hints of coffee and almonds.
the taste is good for a cheap everyday cigar or for the lake or deer stand.
i tried to buy a box but their sold out already. box of 20 churchills $39.95