Why The Us Cant Supply Enough Oil

Their was an oil article up on cnn a while back, couldn't find it for reference but if I remember correctly the middle east clocks in at third as far as supply goes.
1. Canada - that was a shock 13%
2. Venezuela - Chavez adjusts price based on how angry he is with Bush 10%-13%
3. Middle East - I think third was sadi Arabia but I’m grouping it as the middle east because we may only get 13% from Arabia, but once you add up all the other middle east countries it adds up to a significant amount.

As far as savings go just get a motorcycle my F4i gets about 110 miles out of a tank and its fun to ride.

And just remember that this global warming thing needs more research so far it stinks of a massive fraud to try and get the last few pennies out of our pockets in taxes. Don't believe me look at what the British parliaments trying to do to their citizens adding on an additional 1,500 pounds a year for a carbon tax, and one of the sources mentioned as taxable is a god given right. THE RIGHT TO BREATHE, breathing can you believe that taxing us to breathe.

The stats vary from month to month a few points depending on availability.

Mexico and Canada both run a tie for around 14% a piece

Venezuela accounts for 11%

Iraq accounts for 6%

Around 64% of our oil usage is from foreign sources.

One thing that gets me is that some soccer moms out there with one kid will go down to the Chevy house and get a brand new gas gulping Suburban. Why not just get a Honda or a Toyota 4 door? People dont want to get a gas sipper... they want those giant monsters. Dont even need a hybrid to make a difference... just be sensible in the cars you buy and be sensible on how you use them. Combine errands..... less joy riding.

I truly believe that folks that live in towns should own a sensible car/truck and get a brand new $700 50cc motorscooter, Like this one.

The thing gets over 75 miles per gallon. Insurance is dirt cheap (maybe $35 a month), The money saved just running around for odd shit on a sunny days will save more money than gets spent.... and its much more environmentally friendly. And, hey.... its fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok....I did it. I traded in my 99 Jeep Cherokee (15MPG) for a Ford Focus (35MPG). Not only did I save on gas, but on Ins. as well.

As far as the scooter idea, Ilike it. If I lived in a city where I could use one, I would. I live out in the country, I ride a Harley Road King.....not 75 MPG, but 46 MPG ain't too bad! and the chicks big it more then a scooter!....LOL!

Harry

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Apr 8 2007, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
everyone should jus go diesel, then eventually turn into bio diesel

I agree. Plus diesel sounds badass! I was going to get a diesel truck. But my dad was like "They are really loud." I don't care! You can get a good 500,000 miles on the engine! The fuel lasts longer due to slower burn rate. I think it's the way to go as well