Pat Tillman Coverup

They announced today finally some people including 4 generals should face charges over the Pat Tillman coverup. In this article http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/sto...ge=tillmanpart2 it mentions the day that Tillman's jersey was retired and Bush had gave a video op Here is the excerpt "In the fall of 2004, at a ceremony at Sun Devil Stadium in which Tillman's Arizona Cardinals jersey was retired, the president delivered a video message on the stadium's giant screen." Edited by Scalliwag

That is just sickning! Our government should be ashamed of it's self for using this person the way they did, but of course... they always do, they always get away with it and it will keep happening. it's just disgusting to me.

Friendly fire happens sometimes, and yes it was an accident but i'd rather find out the truth and move on then be spoon fed one thing and then find out that my government lied to me and then accept the other.

The government was probably worried that one of their richest enlisties(families) would sue the crap out of them too......

It was an election year. The Abu Ghrarab (or however it is spelled) prison torture scandal has just broke. The bush administration proved on many occasions that it always put politics above policy. I am trying to imagine a scerario that makes it plausable that anyone in the military would have made the decision to cover this up. It would not make ANY sense. What is the worst that would any military man at any level below Rumsfield have in covering this up? It was obvious from the get-go that it would come out.
What would have happened if they would have immediately came out an announced it without informing Rumsfield first would seem to have much higher risk. You can bet your ass that as soon as it happened and word got to the brass they immediately called someone that ran it past Rummy and he or someone directly under him made the decision to drag the announcement out.
They had already went apeshit when the abuse photos hit the press. Rumsfield and the boys was covering that up and then complained that the media should have never released that story.
The real said thing about Tillman was that he had no respect for Bush yet the administration used him as a poster boy.

Bush took the coward route during Vietnam and joined the National Guard because he "wanted to be a pilot". Cheney got five draft deferrments and once said that he "had better things to do" than serve. Rush Limpdick got a deferrment for a pimple on his ass.
So here we had Tillman that wanted to keep everything on the downlow and go kill some Taliban ass in Afghanistan serving an administration of ball-less cowards. Clinton did not support Vietnam and used connections to avoid it. Bush did support Vietnam but just wanted others to actually do his fighting for him as did Cheney.
Yet somehow Cheney has seemed to stay off the radar on his lack of service for anything other than a corrupt company that bilks tax dollars (Halliburton) and the most corrupt administration in U.S. history.

The DoD acting inspector general issued the report as expected and during a news conference he was asked whether or not they looked into "intent" as to what reasons these officers had to cover up the way he died.
So is this guy trying to say that they did not look into "why"? He is either a liar or they are still trying to whitewash this.
It leaves the door wide open for a congressional investigation since it is obvious that this investigation was not ran worth a shit.

So it seems the best way to get to the bottom is to take the nine officers and the soldiers that witnessed this, put them under oath in a public hearing and ask who did what, said what, and why. I don't believe that the inspector general was being honest. Let's see what kind of answer he gives under oath.
You can't say that something was not criminal as he said if intent was never considered. "Criminal intent" is possible if they answered that they intended to mislead and coverup an investigation. But if you don't ask the question.... you never know.

It looks like they just proved once again that this administration, justice department, defense department cannot run a coherant investigation. Let congress give them a hand now.

I think my suspicions of the cover up being known up as high as Rummy and possibly Bush may come true. If this is true he is even more pathetic than I thought he was and that is pretty hard to beat. If so he knowingly let people in the administration comment on the death as enemy fire for several more weeks.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2996532&page=1

• 4 weeks later...
I was watching the news and they are saying how the democrats are being "quiet" on gun control after the VT shooting. I think it is because after the GW administration and the repubs took away so may civil liberties and Gonzales testifying saying habeus corpus is not a constitutional right that the dems have reread the 2nd amendment and what it's true meaning is. To protect us from nutjob governments. The SOB's in office right now are the best example of an out of control government.

Inadvertantly the repubs have shown a lot of naive democrats the true meaning smile.gif If you look at this and all the scandals and lies that hindsight brings I have more doubt than ever about the 2000 election. Back then I think more people figured that their is no way that any group of people could conspire to do anything that evil.
But after watching what they did to the Tillman's and Lynch there is obviously nothing too evil.

The repubs turn towards complete and utter evil seemed to happen in the 50's with Joe McCarthy (McCarthyism) While the dems are far from choirboys their corruption was never a team sport. Repubs seem to grop up like Cunningham, Ney, DeLay, and all the Abramoff clan and take corruption to a whole new level. To do these things especially in war time is worthy of a firing squad to me. If I was a repub even if I did not like the dems I would find me another party. Anyone expecting any good from these people are delusional.

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Apr 25 2007, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was watching the news and they are saying how the democrats are being "quiet" on gun control after the VT shooting. I think it is because after the GW administration and the repubs took away so may civil liberties and Gonzales testifying saying habeus corpus is not a constitutional right that the dems have reread the 2nd amendment and what it's true meaning is. To protect us from nutjob governments. The SOB's in office right now are the best example of an out of control government.

Inadvertantly the repubs have shown a lot of naive democrats the true meaning smile.gif If you look at this and all the scandals and lies that hindsight brings I have more doubt than ever about the 2000 election. Back then I think more people figured that their is no way that any group of people could conspire to do anything that evil.
But after watching what they did to the Tillman's and Lynch there is obviously nothing too evil.

The repubs turn towards complete and utter evil seemed to happen in the 50's with Joe McCarthy (McCarthyism) While the dems are far from choirboys their corruption was never a team sport. Repubs seem to grop up like Cunningham, Ney, DeLay, and all the Abramoff clan and take corruption to a whole new level. To do these things especially in war time is worthy of a firing squad to me. If I was a repub even if I did not like the dems I would find me another party. Anyone expecting any good from these people are delusional.

If only the second amendment could protect us from these clowns....{sigh}

The second amendment as I read it is not so much as to protect as it is to enforce the constitution. When someone is put in the position as Alberto Gonzales and says he does not believe habeus corpus is a constitutional right I would have no problem with him being on the receiving end of the second amendment being exercised smile.gif
Then again I think that people should fear for their lives when they take an unconstitutonal position.
It is easy to say that you believe in the second amendment and another to actually have read that amendment.
Also knowing a little about the history of the constitution is great to know.
I hear a lot of people proclaim their beliefs in amendments to the constitution and have never even heard of the articles of the confederation.
If the term "articles of the confederation" is foreign to someone then the last thing they probably need to do is start preaching about amendments. Bottom line is some people cannot even find their own dick but they pretend to be historians.
Republican politicians to me are a constant reminder of why the second amendment was written. George Bush makes me proud to be a gun owner and makes me thoroughly understand why some feared in 1786 (yes 10 years after the revolution) that some day there may come a time that government could become too corrupt to tolerate.

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Apr 25 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The second amendment as I read it is not so much as to protect as it is to enforce the constitution. When someone is put in the position as Alberto Gonzales and says he does not believe habeus corpus is a constitutional right I would have no problem with him being on the receiving end of the second amendment being exercised smile.gif
Then again I think that people should fear for their lives when they take an unconstitutonal position.
It is easy to say that you believe in the second amendment and another to actually have read that amendment.
I hear a lot of people proclaim their beliefs in amendments to the constitution and have never even heard of the articles of the confederation.
If the term "articles of the confederation" is foreign to someone then the last thing they probably need to do is start preaching about amendments. Bottom line is some people cannot even find their own dick but they pretend to be historians.
Republican politicians to me are a constant reminder of why the second amendment was written. George Bush makes me proud to be a gun owner and makes me thoroughly understand why some feared in 1786 (yes 10 years after the revolution) that some day there may come a time that government could become too corrupt to tolerate.

All good points, although the truth is that second amendment does nothing to help us enforce the constitution in these types of situations. Maybe in another time and place the second amendment had a different conotation, but today it is totally irrelevant in terms of overthrowing a corrupt government or protecting our rights from a corrupt United States government. The second amendment, today, quite literally means the right to bear arms and has very little practical application, beyond personal safety.

As satisfying in some ways it would be to see Alberto Gonzales receive the brunt end of his own twisted logic, whether we have the right to bear arms has little to do with justice being meted out to these guys based on their criminal and constitutional violations.

The tactic is nothing new.... we did stuff like this with the Vietnam war, but not so much on a person to person focus.

Due to our recent wars we have had venerated "heros" that the .gov has used to bolster false patriotism amongst the Joe-Six-Pack ranks.

If forget that little chicks name that got labled as a hero, she has stepped out saying her actions were misrepresented.

and now we have Piestawa (spl?) Peak. When I was there. Squaw Peak seemed just fine.

QUOTE (Blue Midnight @ Apr 26 2007, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Apr 25 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All good points, although the truth is that second amendment does nothing to help us enforce the constitution in these types of situations. Maybe in another time and place the second amendment had a different conotation, but today it is totally irrelevant in terms of overthrowing a corrupt government or protecting our rights from a corrupt United States government. The second amendment, today, quite literally means the right to bear arms and has very little practical application, beyond personal safety.

As satisfying in some ways it would be to see Alberto Gonzales receive the brunt end of his own twisted logic, whether we have the right to bear arms has little to do with justice being meted out to these guys based on their criminal and constitutional violations.

I would love to hear Justice Scalia since he claims to be such a strict constitutionalist skate that. The second amendment is very specific and Scalia always argues that the constitution is not a "living document" as though times do not demand change.... even though the constitutionalists left it open for amendments for that very reason.
To watch him try and spin and say that the citizens never had the right to rise against a rogue government would be great.

QUOTE (Lakemonster @ Apr 26 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tactic is nothing new.... we did stuff like this with the Vietnam war, but not so much on a person to person focus.

Due to our recent wars we have had venerated "heros" that the .gov has used to bolster false patriotism amongst the Joe-Six-Pack ranks.

If forget that little chicks name that got labled as a hero, she has stepped out saying her actions were misrepresented.

and now we have Piestawa (spl?) Peak. When I was there. Squaw Peak seemed just fine.

It was pretty ironic that the Jessica Lynch rescue happened on April Fools Day 2003. This article was from May 29th because there were already allegations her rescue was staged. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/29/...ain556060.shtml
While I know there have been deceptions and lies in every war I really think a staged rescue is the first of it's kind. Jessica Lynch never claimed to be a hero and was always honest about that. As with the date of the links none of these stories are anything knew. It is just the first time that congress has brought hearingon this.

Bush said today that he hopes someone is held accountable for the Tillman coverup. Well someone needs to tell the prez that it took more than "someONE" to create this scandal. False statements are crimes. Many people made false statements. This has been talked about nearly 3 years now by everybody but him and the rest of the republican party. Now it seems they are all "concerned".
They were more than happy to pretend the Lynch and Tillman coverups never happened. People that want to keep lids on coverups usually do so when they are involved in the coverups.
Jessica Lynch testified under oath that the Iraqis tried to turn her over earlier to the Americans but they waited. They waited to make a propaganda film it turns out. They could not have been guaranteed that is may not have put her in danger and if she would have been killed after that offer but before the staged rescue they would have lied and covered that up.

John Dean told Richard Nixon that there was a cancer growing on his presidency. There has been a cancer growing on this administration and the entire party for a long time now. Some may want to argue when it started but most will admit that they are in big trouble and like I said in many threads, democrats investigations and hearings are going to bring their scandals to the front. This is only 3 months into their control and they just issued the first subpoenas today.
How many more congressmen will be tied to Abramoff? Two more this week.
Mark my words that these guys are up shit creek without a paddle.

• 2 months later...
When I posted this thread even I never thought even the Bush administration, which I regard as nazis, could be this evil. They are citing executive priviledge in the Pat Tillman matter.
http://oversight.house.gov/story.asp?ID=1410

"If" I was a republican voter I believe I would be calling whatever dildo representative and asking them how they felt about this matter. Unless you as a person are a completely worthless piece of crap you cannot read this story and have any, zip, nada, piece of respect for the Bush administration at this point. There is no option to stick your head in the sand and make up excuses. But if you feel like it just throw them on out there because ripping a mental midget a new one would be damn fun after reading these articles. Sorry, but being born in Texas and living here and listening to all these idiots make out like Bush was a great guy really reached it's limit..... and that was when he was not even governor smile.gif and ever since my tolerance for stupidity has declined to lower lows than even I imagined.
I told a guy in a Walmart parking lot with a W'04 sticker on the back of his car that it was one thing to make a mistake and another to still be bragging about it. wink.gif Unfortunately I am becoming as intolerant as repubs in my old age.... and $3 per gallon gas sad.gif