BEST OF THE BEST, TAKE A LOOK!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chr1s,
I definitly can't recommend Fakher Cherry, it is not a very rich tasting massel. But it is very smooth, like most of that brands' tobacco! I know some people who love AF Cherry bacause of it's decent "wild-cherry" taste, but I like the more flavorful stuff. I love Al Waha Cherry, becaus of its rich taste and in a mix with Al Fakheer Cherry (50:50) it gives a nice strength (buzz) to it.
About Amir Cherry ... i didn't try it yet ...
groetjes, tobbsman

Hey Wyteboy,  I just wanted to say that I also cannot stand the taste of licorice sticks or jelly beans, it makes me sick. But for me smoking it is a totally different experience.  I love smoking the flavor so much I bought a 250g box to add to most things I smoke. When I mix licorice and 2 apple 50/50 it's awesome. So it might be worth trying, and again I don't like eating licorice.

thanks puff for that advice!
you guys I am really tempted to not even bother trying to smoke the nakhla or the alwaha that I just bough and just dump it and buy some AF stuff to start....BUT I have 5 250g boxes of the stuff!!!  at least i can use these early bowls to get my setup right and everything, right? :) I have heard the alwaha 5 stars is good so i am excited about that and my alwaha apricot and coconut both look and smell decent, though I have yet to smoke them. the nahkla doesnt smell that great, but we'll see when I smoke it, once the hookah gets here :( lol

[quote name='wyteboy']johnny, about the grape, again do you mean regular AF
grape or Golden grape? just want to make sure I have my list correct
:)[/quote]

I was refering to the normal Al-Fakher Grape actually.  I havnt
tried the Golden Seal version yet but probably will within the next few
months

Wyteboy, just keep in mind that a review is only one's opinion. Just because someone else likes it doesn't mean it's good. There are many things to consider when smoking the hookah. Most likely the batch that someone gets and likes will not be the same batch and will taste different. The size and pattern of holes in the foil will also change things as well as the amount of heat.  I was smoking lemon today (3 bowls) and tried 3 different set-ups and three different tastes. One other thing is that it depends on what the stuff is shipped in. If a review is on a plastic container the box won't taste anything like it. And if someone reviews a 50g box and does not like it the 250g plastic container may be the best!  For instance I have bought 50 and 250g boxes of alwaha and they taste nothing like the 250g plastic tubs. I've tried it all over the years and premium does not mean better, it depends on package, age, and set-up. After trying all the brands I went back to alwaha and have 22 250g plastic containers that I love. My friend that ownes the hookah shop goes to Jordan and picks it up and when I take it out of the plastic tub it drips all over the floor. You won't get that from a boxed product.

[quote name='cypress']Wow Puff 22 boxes of Al Waha[/quote]
22 plastic tub containers , I do smoke alot but some I only smoke once in a while.  I only buy plastic containers because the flavor is stronger, fresher, and lasts about 2 years in the container after I open it. (Then after 2 years it tastes the same as the boxes and loses flavor)

it's funny because I say I only wanna smoke once every week or two, but I know in the beginning when I am so excited to get it and try out all my nakhla and alwaha immediately, I'll be smoking 5 bowls in 2 days to try out all the flavors...then when I get the premium stuff I'll be smoking a bowl of each of those immediately! so realisitcally, i'll be smoking a TON in the beginning (at least for my standards) and then MAYBE I'll calm down about all of this, lol!! :)

The actual tubs of Al Waha are probably the best quality.  They
are very strong and extremely airtight.  Much better that the ones
AF comes in.

I've tried both AF Grape and AFGS Black Grape and I have to say I liked
the GS much better.  It tastes like a really nice blackcurrant
juice!

AF apricot, you can taste the apricot but like Mathazar said, it is like perfume.  I found it quite nasty.

AF Melon definately wasn't for me.  It did taste a lot like melon
but it wasnt a sweet tasting smoke so I ended the bowl early.

I also recommend AF Orange.  The only other orange i've tried is
Nakhla and that leaves a bad orange peel aftertaste but the AF doesn't
do that at all.  The smoke is vry sweet and orangy like eating a
nich fresh tangerine.

wyteboy.....just remember that while pursuing this hobby,  you
keep in mind that it can very easily turn into a habit.  You'll
probably smoke 2 to 3 bowls a day of the Nakhla,  and then when
you're new stuff comes,  you'll fly thru that stuff like there was
no tomorrow.  I'm speaking from experience.  The only
difference with me is that I never stopped flying thru it,  I
smoke several bowls a day, and it's starting to take a toll
on my health.  I'm coughing a lot more and I've got quite a bit of
lung congestion.  I've tried to quit,  but I can't, 
it's too difficult,  and the fact is that I really don't want to
quit.  You have to really want to quits something to actually do
it.

I guess the point I'm making here is to go slow in the beginning,  that will help to set your pace. 

Remember,  this is a Hobby not a Habit!  One bowl of ma'assel
is supposedly equal to 1.5 cigs,  regarding the nicotine
content.  So,  just keep in mind that if you're smoking 5
bowls a day,  that's like intaking 7.5 cigs worth of nicotine per
day.  Very addictive stuff.  My hobby has turned into a
habit.  Learn from those who've been there and done that, 
the hobby is great,  the habit SUCKS!!! 

[quote name='tobbsman']Hi Chr1s,
I definitly can't recommend Fakher Cherry, it is not a very rich tasting massel. But it is very smooth, like most of that brands' tobacco! I know some people who love AF Cherry bacause of it's decent "wild-cherry" taste, but I like the more flavorful stuff. I love Al Waha Cherry, becaus of its rich taste and in a mix with Al Fakheer Cherry (50:50) it gives a nice strength (buzz) to it.
About Amir Cherry ... i didn't try it yet ...
groetjes, tobbsman

[/quote]

okay thx
and what about al qemah strawberry?

Thanks math, I really appreciate the advice!!
I definitely want to be careful.  I will inititally smoke a a bowl each of the nakhla straw, and then alwaha 5-star, apricot and coconut, prob in the first few days of getting my hookah.  Just to decide if I like this stuff enough to smoke it casually before moving on up in the world of premium stuff...OR if it doesn't taste good enough or is too harsh and I don't like it, then I'll know immediately if I want to just get some AF.  same thing you're right when the new stuff comes in, I will prob try each of the new flavors pretty quickly, but then hopefully slow down (am i naive? lol) when I find the few flavors I am in love with and just want to keep those only which I will smoke at my leisure...we'll see but again I appreciate the advice, I do not want to get that way!  that's why I think just getting 50g of all the new flavors when I get them will allow me to "try" them to see which I want to permanently own.  Since in the end I want this to be  casual, social habit - I want to find the 3-5 flavors that I am obsessed with and just smoke them whenever, but in order to that it seems like I need to smoke a lot to find those :).  I think the HH pineapple would probably be one of those and I have yet to ever try it, haha!  Take care guys, I am off to Minnesota for work til Thursday night. MAN I hope my hookah is here by then!!

anyone here love or NOT love the romman strawberry?  ppl prefer it or the AF (or GS AF) strawberry?  trying to decide which straw to get when I want to get premium stuff. thinking about getting both the AF and GS AF straw, but don't want to order 3 diff ones, lol.