How To Use Inverted Funnel Bowl?

guesswho

Nothing different... same set up, just play with the hole arrangement. The closest you'll get to inhaling the coal will be ash... which will be stopped by water even if it makes it down the hole. I don't even put a hole in the center, just around the edges.

QUOTE (DizzyGuy @ Jan 20 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing different... same set up, just play with the hole arrangement. The closest you'll get to inhaling the coal will be ash... which will be stopped by water even if it makes it down the hole. I don't even put a hole in the center, just around the edges.

thats what i was thinking
cheers

• 5 months later...
I just checked the website. I looks like you need this Smiley's Funnel Mod. The mod allows you to use the Funnel Bowl and channels the smoke threw the shisha and up to the funnle hole. So place this thimble looking thing over the funnel hole, kind of like a cover, and pack you shisha around it. Here is the link to the part on thier site. Hope this helps.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/smileys_funne...d_2191_prd1.htm

• 1 month later...
I made my own mod for it- you just need something to hold the foil up off the main hole. I got the small funnel bowl from that website but their "mod" peice is for the medium one, so I went to osh (hardware store) and found a small drain screen (its not mesh its metal with holes punched in it), cut it down to size and it plops right over the funnel.
Pack the shisha in around it, make sure its fluffy, then make your holes in a circle on the outside edge (i make 2 concentric circles as close as possible to the edge). You want your hot air to travel from the edge, through the shisha, and into the hole in the middle.

• 7 months later...
sorry but i don't really understand why this mod is necessary. i've been losing a lot of molasses through the holes on my bowl so i was thinking about going with the funnel but i don't quite understand this mod and it seems very popular so i'm just curious as to what the purpose is and if i really need it or not. any help is appreciated.

i think the main thing with funnels is it allows the glycerin to boil more and it seems to release alot more flavor and smokes longer ive noticed also

and thicker smoke 2 Edited by DarkParade

QUOTE (halcyondays @ Apr 14 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry but i don't really understand why this mod is necessary. i've been losing a lot of molasses through the holes on my bowl so i was thinking about going with the funnel but i don't quite understand this mod and it seems very popular so i'm just curious as to what the purpose is and if i really need it or not. any help is appreciated.

The mod allows all of the air to be drawn from the bottom of the shisha, where all of the flavor rests . It also allows you to pack less shisha in your bowl and still have a correctly burning session

the mod does a few things, you're all a little right, but the biggest thing it does is keeps the foil from plugging up the hole in the center. but this can be avoided by poking a hole directly over the nipple hole in the bowl. (in addition to the normal holes around it) mods are cool, some love them and some hate them, im a mod lover.

• 2 weeks later...