cobra hoses

I have a couple of regular and a couple of cobras and I don't feel too
much of a difference in the draw.  Is you house air tight? I fixed
one of my friends hose because the seal on it was not that great. In
other words I took the hose apart and got some thin tie wraps and used
them at the joints between the hose and wood.  The fluffy stuff
covers the tie wraps and it works great now. 

The cobra hoses I used to get in Egypt were on a tundra (leather) hose. You could pull the cobra head off. The cobra head has a metal tube running down the center. It will probably not be restricted. The culprit I found that causes a restriction is the wood end that goes into the pipe sometimes is not drilled all the way through, causing the restriction. I get a drill with about a 1/4" bit and ream the wood tip out (using care not to go too far and damage the hose. If the cobra head can be separated from the hose, blow through it. Sometimes the restriction can be the same as the wood tip (pipe end) but in the end that plugs into the hose. Normally the detachable cobra head has a shaft of drilled wood on the opposite end of the mouth end. Drill it out if you need to (being careful not to tap into the metal tube that gives the cobra it's shape. If you need to drill these out, blow through them really, REALLY good! Or else you will get a lungfull of sawdust.
Also, if it is the tundra hose, pull the head off and look down into the hose. Sometimes the restriction can be found right where the cobra head goes into. Usually it is a piece of the leather gets bunched up and causes a blockage at the cobra head. If I confuse you, I understand. Imagine how I feel?
Good luck and I hope this helps.
MR Bubble