Questions For The Uk Guys

Oggie505

I am proally gonna get Sky tv when i find a house, but how good is their broadband. it is cheaper than anything here in the US. Is it better than BT DSL? Also who has th ebest cell phone service? I was looking at virgin mobile.

Also i forgot to add, I have netflix (online dvd rental) in the US, Netflix has delaye dtheir UK launch, so what companies do you guys know of that offer the online dvd rental like netflix in the UK? Edited by Oggie505

Oggie :-

It works like this.

There are only TWO types of broadband in the uk (For the masses anyways)
1. BT British Telecommunications copper pair wires.
2. Cable television.

Cambridge has Cable... but not 100% coverage. BT pritty much has 100% coverage everywhere.

The only question for you my friend is BT or Cable. If no cable then it's who your provider is.
And they are all much of a muchness.

However - I have heard lots of bad things about Sky's own software and that it contains spyware and stuff.

I use BT and allways have. Never had a problem. Period.

JD

well, the wife and I pretty much have already decided on Sky satalite for our tv service, just not sure on the internet, how much is BT and is the speed pretty good. One ting I have noticed in the UK you get limited bandwith on how much you pay, the Sky satalite broadband there was an unlimited option, which was cheaper than the comcast cable internet I pay in the US. So is the BT good enough to play online games on, which I do most nights, I just wan tot have a good ping ot servers Edited by Oggie505

I'd look around.

Speed is not normally a probem. I have 4Mb/s 8Mb/s is being rolled out and used.

If you go for an 'orange' contract mobile phone they are currently offering free broadband also!

So you might want to wait until you land and shop around...

JD