Pc Vs. Console

Lakemonster

IF you could only have one for games it would be  

9 members have voted

1. 1. PC or Console?

• PC
    • Console

Ive loved video games since I was a kid..... I remember my fiorst console was the classic NES (8 bit).. I worked my ass off to get one of those.....

Years went by and I got a Sega Genesis.... then added on the CD unit.

Lastly, I got a Sony PS1.

In 2000, I finally broke down and bought a PC....a Celeron 733.... at about the same time the first X Box came out. and I researched it. IT had a Celeron 733 processor in it. I began thinking. Whats the point? Why sould I spend all that cash for console as well.

From that point on I began really learing how to hop up computers for gaming perfomance. I was getting into stuff like Team Fortress Classic and a few other online play games. I was really starting to notice that the capabilities of a PC stomped consoles... the downside was the title library... there are few crossovers as far as platform. If one title makes it accross.... it old an old game by then....

However.. theres som many titles that consoles dont have that are just downright awesome..... I guess you just have to pick your team and love it.

If you had to pic only one platform for gaming, would it be PC or Console?

My first console.. Was a tad over 100 bux.

My second

And on, on, on.... This was before NES was even a wet dream.

I love my gaming beast; computer. I love the fact I can swap game pads, upgrade on a whim, and games are normally 10-20 bux cheaper.

Doom 3... whoof!!!!

I've 3D LCD glasses; they use LCD lenses to give ANY game a 3-D effect, 5.1 surround sound, dual displays, blah-blah....

Consoles are ok, but nothing beats a computer for gaming.

I run Linux, but have an XP box that does NOTHING but games. No surfing, no letters, no emails, nothing to muddy it up, and it smokes.

Here is a pic I took about 10 minutes ago. I've dual monitors running two machines via a KVMA switch. Keyboard, video, mouse, audio shared.. At the moment, I am watching CSI on one monitor, and posting this on the other.

Please note the Saitek X52 flight stick, stearing wheel, remote control for my ATI TV Tuner card that is spliced into the cable TV, rumble pad, and Wi-Fi router. The 'woman' on the wall is Gods gift to the world. I also call her wife.

Now, when PS3, Wii, can do THAT? Then it may be worth a look.

Also, here's a pic of my rabbit Thumper. He likes to play my PSP.

One of the great things of being 245 lbs., and 40. Is I can HAVE a stuffed rabbit, and not to many people give me a hard time about it. HAHAHAHA!!