Look What Mccain Wants.

Lakemonster

• 2 weeks later...
I'm certainly not advocating it, but pedophilia, homosexuality and liking Asian girls or girls with big jugs all comes down to the same issue...preference. Having a law about it makes sense to me, but other cultures have allowed or even encouraged pedophilia and they seemed to be prosperous and happy. "Curing" pedophilia doesn't make sense any more than curing people who like the color green.

The liberal conspiracy mill belives that trying to censor the internet is inevitable...censoring and controlling and sidestepping regulations has been the agenda of mass media for twenty-five years. The internet is just a new wrinkle and the change from phone lines to cable/DSL is an attempt to be able to control them. Phone lines are legally protected, cable/DSL/ new technology 3.0 are not. Thats also why ISDN was not picked up or improved while digital networks were being installed wholesale...its an extension of the phones...big media wanted something that could be controlled. Thats the liberal rumor mill anyhow.

QUOTE (DarthHookah @ Dec 15 2006, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you see, this is exactly why we need a new revolution in the states. uh-oh, that might be considered illegal speech, i hope the fucking moderators wont have to report me...

The whole big brother issue is fast becoming a reality in the united states. did anyone else hear that the right of habius corpus (sp?) has been suspended by the bush admisistration. as well as the whole issue with the patriot act and the documents that allow the government to circumvent the gineva convention rules of "torture". im really getting a little worried about the situation. in the grand scheme of things look at global history. what has happened when a global power overextends itself? it breaks down into something that really isnt quite pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (DarthHookah @ Dec 16 2006, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and forced castration would not exactly take care of the few female offenders we have either. my take? i think with therapy a person would be able to overcome an attraction to children. problem is, the only way to get help if you ARE attracted to children is to offend, go to prison, and then be court-ordered to therapy. there needs to be someplace where they can go BEFORE they offend. that would make more sense imprisoning them if they ever do commit the crime- they had the resources available to overcome their attraction. but mental health has turned a cold shoulder to them (pedophilia was my topic in my psychology class).

In this case, the situation seems almost akin to terrorism--in that one must only think or say terrorist-like things to be called such, likewise a person with pervert attractions has no where to go. The mere suggestion becomes a near act thereof.

This is why I have respect for the practitioners of therapy. I don't know if I could keep level-headed if someone approached me and said "I'm having these thoughts...." fill in the blank for yourself.

I fail to believe a Senator could be that dumb. This is politics pure and simple. I find it amazing that it would be political suicide for a Senator/Rep to say "the government is not a nanny." The government is not a nanny. If you have kids, get off your ass and do some parenting.

As for the child molesting, there's no excuse for following through with something illegal. But, attraction is perfectly natural. It's the impulse to actually do something is where it becomes wrong. I've met girls older than me that I would have thought younger, and girls that seem much older than they turn out to be. With the way younger girls dress these days... there's no way in hell my mom would let my sister out of the house looking like that. There's just no excuse for it.