The Acrid Burn

among myself and my hookah smoking friends, we have all had only one serious problem; the combustion of the thin aluminum foil, and the resulting acrid and bitter taste of smoke.  i really prefer the smoothness of smoking with foil, (as oppposed to placing the coal straight onto the sheesha) but i cant seem to find aluminum that doesnt burn. 
i have recconoitered some "extra heavy duty" aluminum, but it still burns occasionally.  i am also in the process of getting industrial grade aluminum sheets, which i think should do the job. 
does anybody have suggestions as to other methods?
-everest

• 3 weeks later...
HI,
I have had this happen due to reusing the foil for multiple sessions. I have since purchased a thicker foil and replace it for each new bowl of tobacco or each smoking session. Also, I do not over fill the bowl so that the tobacco never get a chance to compact or stick to the underside of the foil. Does this help any?
Jon

• 4 weeks later...
[color="#0000ff"]In England I use pre cut circles made from a thick aluminium, a bit expensive but it makes a difference. you can also purchase a round piece of thick steel etc with holes in it to put the cole on, no more foil to use then[/color]

I have used the pre-cut aluminum foils, but I soon realized that it is not as practical as keeping a small stash of good aluminum foil from my kitchen.
I also recommend using a new piece of foil for each bowl or two. about 2 hours of burn time.

jon

• 2 months later...
I just have a question, comment for hookah_bazaar, first off all, good luck on your store, but as a prospective customer, a word of advice is to not use superlatives when describing your store unless it is in fact THE "Largest hookah website on the net" which it does not appear to be. Just a suggestion because statements like that seam like a challenge to people’s intellect when they can obviously see that it is not the largest hookah website on the net.

Thanks for the advice BruceAalee. I was wondering if you could give me an example of any other hookah related website on the net which has this all... Online Store, Picture Gallery, Art Gallery, Cartoon Gallery, Video Samples, History, Help, Tips, Coffee Shops, Links, Forum, eBay store, Articles and more.
If you found one, please let me know.
Thanks.

This one is for Jon.
You say that our charcoal is more expensive. I was wondering if you could give me another website that sells this charcoal for cheaper.
If you found one, please let me know.
Thanks
You already said yourself that our tobacco is cheaper, but you didn't say anything about the prices of the hookahs, how come?

HB, I meant my initial statement as a personal advice to you. As a consumer, dont you walk away from fast talking salesmen? Well, I do, I'd rather do business with someone who I think will shoot straight with me than feed me half truths. about a minute of research brought me to this conclusion: Your Tobacco is cheaper: $.06 to be exact on your 250 Gram boxes than [url="http://www.shisha-hookah.com"]www.shisha-hookah.com, but they also carry 4 differnt brands. Your Charcoals are more expensive: $.05 more expensive for the 3 Kings and a whoppin $3.04 more expensive than www.hookahkings.com for the japanses coals. Your Hookahs are on average cheaper: about $5.00 on less than www.socialsmoke.com[/url], but theres comes with a bag, charcoal, windcover, tobacco, etc. In my opinion, definetly worth the $5.00 difference, and they have more variety. Your site does have a bunch of pages, but some of which are directly from other sites and others of which dont have much meat. Plus the movie clips kinda made me wonder if that is in violation of some kind of copyright laws? www.thehookah.com has a very good history section along with a FAQ page that i couldnt find on your site, Tips page, and a separate section for a picure gallery full of hot women at a hookah party. There site is down for renovation right now, so i cant go into more detail, but check it out. I'm definetly not trying to be a punk, I'm not even trying to put a plug in for the other shops, I'm just trying to give u a little piece of friendly advice, take it for what you will and best of luck to you.

BeuceAaLee
Thank you again for the time spent on comparing our store to others on the web.
We have already repriced our charcoal to beet the prices on the website you have provided. If you ever find any other item for a cheaper price we would be happy to know about it.
Also thanks for your remarks on the website.

• 1 year later...