Metallic taste?

Hey all --
I was smoking Romann Strawberry last night, and soon after I started I noticed a very faint metallic taste before the flavor really kicked in.  IIRC, I've noticed the same taste before with the Romann Mango before that really gets going too.
The only other time I've noticed anything like this is with the Al Fakher apricot -- but as far as I was concerned, no real flavor ever kicked in on that one, and I actually ended up dumping the rest of the massall I found it so objectionalbe.
Any idea what's going on here?  Is it just the tobacco, or might I somehow be burning the tinfoil? (!)  I'm using argeelah foils from hookah-shisha.com, and three lemon wood coals resting on the edge of the bowl.
Thanks for your help!E.G.

Well, I usually get one good size coal and two somewhat smaller ones, so it's down to the equivalent of two coals pretty fast.  Which I guess might explain why the taste seems to go away after a while, eh? 
E.G.

if you are getting a metallic taste.

1) do not use a metal head because they are crap and leave a taste. Use a clay head
2) clean your pipes well, or get a new shisha.
3) dont store your m3assal in metalllic containers.
4) use a plastic filter if your hose has a metal tip. (or use a different hose with a plastic/wood tip)
you should not get it. If symptoms persist, then get a new pipe. Best thing to clean your pipe with is to use water and washing up liquid (used for your dishes/cups etc).
hope this helps

Mo --
Thanks for the advice.  Unfortunatly, I suspect only 4 is relevant.  I did wonder about that, though.
I am using a clay head.  Always have.  I usually clean the pipe between every smoke, and the it was brand new as of this summer.  I've used it maybe 20 times. 
The massal is stored in... hmm, I was going to say plastic tuperware, but I just realized that I keep it in it's orginal baggie, then wrap it in tinfoil, stick it in a ziplock, then the tupperware.  Odd that I should notice it only with the Romann, though...  But it's an idea.
Plastic tip is definitly a thought -- I'll try that.
Thanks!E.G.

• 3 weeks later...