Rudy Guiliani for Prez?

Scalliwag

Is Rudy a POS?  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Yes

i'm actually for a communist nation
but i'd have Rudy be our communist leader.

He's a good guy.
Like... the man does nothing wrong.
He did so much good for NYC. During and after his role as Governor.
I don't care what his political affiliation is.
He's bonafide

okay, ya know what?
Its late.
and you're right.
He was a mayor.
But he didn't suck!
Like, of all the politicians I can think of, he's definitely on the better end of the spectrum.

And as for Republicans pushing religion... the push for religion can only be attributed to the fact that we elect Protestant leaders.

We elected a Roman Catholic once- Kennedy.
But they shot him.
You people want to complain about religion so much.. If someone would get it right, there wouldn't be an issue with religion.

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's.
Religion knows it has no place in government.
Its government that pulls it in.

Well, Rudy even wanted to cancel having an election and reappointing himself mayor. He was hard on crime but very much a racist in the process. His popularity was at an all time low before 911 and falling. wanting to rid the city of sidewalk vendors? How many years have people sold hot dogs on the streets of New York and this egotistical jerk takes it upon himself to get rid of them? Just because he did not buy them did not mean most other people didn't.

This is from the article I will link. There are plenty of news reports prior to 911 that show him in the bad light he deserved.

"Mr. Tomasky recalled Mr. Giuliani speaking after defeating Ruth Messinger and saying that, in his second term, he would try to do a better job lifting all boats. But he then immediately began a crackdown on hot-dog vendors, street artists, and jaywalkers that perplexed even his supporters. Mr. Giuliani could have united the city but did not. He said people remember Mr. Giuliani's brilliance after September 11, but are less likely to remember his pushing to cancel the election and make himself mayor again.

It's part of democracy that "we have quadrennial elections," Mr. Tomasky said. Elections don't stop when the country is in the middle of a crisis, not even for Abraham Lincoln in the Civil War. He said Mr. Giuliani's attempt to take that moment for personal aggrandizement limited his greatness."

http://www.nysun.com/article/15709

QUOTE (moosepotatoes)
I'm not even mad, I just cuss like a sailor, bad habit.  

Sonthert, I dont really care who is right in the situation. There isn't really any disagreement between you and me except your comments on republicans being dumb. You didn't say it directly, I know this, but you are implying it, especially with your last comment.
Most republicans are republicans because they didn't think about it...

Judging a whole group of people like that is really immature and stupid. I'm not going to take it back. I WILL, though, take back my foul language, and calling you stupid directly and replace it with, if you truly believe that all republicans are stupid, or pricks, just because they believe differently that you, you truly are a moron. :-. That's prejudice at it's worst. I understand it was a joke, and hope it was so.

Of course it was a joke, hence the smiley. :wink:

You grandstand OK, but say something with substance rather than patently bland politically correct platitudes.

Ha, I like that Sonthert....

You are just looking to provoke me more than you have and I shouldn't even dignify that with a response. Silly, especially from a moderator.

I dont really care to share my beliefs with you specifically Sonthert because all you are going to do is use your rhetoric to try to demean me even more. I have my specific beliefs, and I stand strong on them. But, I do mean what I say, there doesn't always have to be a right and wrong answer on everything. I dont many have solid political beliefs, I have more strong moral beliefs. I dont think everthing has to be political.

For example. I think there could potentially be a situation in which abortion could be necessary. But, to me the thought of killing a baby human is sickening.

Gay Marriage. I am not gay. I am not christian. It's not my deal. I dont think it should be outlawed, but I dont think they should call it marriage.

Iraq....I really dont know man. You probably know more about that situation than I know, so I'm not even going to debate it. Bottom line, yeah I like war on terrorists.

QUOTE (moosepotatoes)
Ha, I like that Sonthert....

You are just looking to provoke me more than you have and I shouldn't even dignify that with a response. Silly, especially from a moderator.

I dont really care to share my beliefs with you specifically Sonthert because all you are going to do is use your rhetoric to try to demean me even more. I have my specific beliefs, and I stand strong on them. But, I do mean what I say, there doesn't always have to be a right and wrong answer on everything. I dont many have solid political beliefs, I have more strong moral beliefs. I dont think everthing has to be political.

For example. I think there could potentially be a situation in which abortion could be necessary. But, to me the thought of killing a baby human is sickening.  

Gay Marriage. I am not gay. I am not christian. It's not my deal. I dont think it should be outlawed, but I dont think they should call it marriage.  

Iraq....I really dont know man. You probably know more about that situation than I know, so I'm not even going to debate it. Bottom line, yeah I like war on terrorists.

I'm with you all the way (from what you just said) moose. I do find it somewhat annoying that everyone is so down on republicans. Not all republicans worship at the Alter of Rove, Bush and Cheney. Sure, they are republicans, but they are also politicians. Correct me if I am wrong, but putting fire to Guiliani's feet for a slip up in wording but not mentioning one of Kerry's slip ups is a little childish. One of his campaign platforms was outlawing semi-automatic weapons, yet he hunted with one during his stay in Ohio. Wasn't Kerry a supporter of the war in Iraq? Wait, which way was the wind blowing when he voted? It disheartens me to see the blatant generilizations about all republicans being stupid, racist, hillbillies. Those who try to be so politically correct end up losing that exact term when they argue their point. I like the mentioning of "who says we have to be either, this is America"... Amen. Why can't we just "be".

Find any commentary by any prominent republican other than McCain calling Karl Rove the despicable piece of shit he is and I would not lump them all together. Find me prominent republicans that publicly disagreed with GW before it was popular to disagree with him as well. Find any that have called Rush Limbaugh a lying fat drug addicted hypocrite.
Kerry and others voted for Bush to use all means neccesary to remove Sadaam Hussein, their vote was given before any plan was in place and today with the Iraq report it shows they had a bad plan.
Bush was told by many democrats a long time ago he was doing it the wrong way but he "stayed the course" and did not let common sense get in the way.
The Bush administration was a complete and total failure and the people that backed the way he was handling Iraq need to be held accountable. Some already lost their ass in the last elections and more need to come.
It is one thing to say, "I support a mechanic to fix my car" because your car may need to be fixed. But depending on exactly how and what the guy does to your car is a whole other matter. I don't even hold republicans accountable for giving the president the authority to do what needed to be done, I do hold them accountable for not lighting a fire under his ass earlier on.

Any repubs that did not criticise him early and often when the rest of us knew he was screwing up deserve to be ridiculed for their bad judgment now. Republicans put GW up as the best they had to offer and got behind him as though he was the best thing that happened when his poll ratings were high. They tried to run like rats from a sinking ship when the polls slip, but it was painfully obvious. They are getting what they deserve.

republicans are not all hillbillies and racists, but most hillbillies and racists are republicans.
heres a fun set of pictures
here are the results of the 2000 elections by state red is republican blue is democrat

and heres a map of free states versus slave states(and territories which allowed slavery) red is slave yellow is free

see any similarities?

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude)
republicans are not all hillbillies and racists, but most hillbillies and racists are republicans.

A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not neccesarily a square. Same concept.
So I agree they are not all hillbillies and racists or even bad people, but they have some real crazy ass followers. I don't recall EVER and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong where any of Clinton's detractors received death threats like some of Bush's have.
Remember the dems that received anthrax laced letters? Remember the Dixie Chicks getting death threats and even worse Bush did NOTHING to try and calm his nutcase base down when that all started?
Now there is a guy in New Mexico that has a "No George Bush" christmas decoration in his yard and people have threatened to burn his house down and shot at it. Those are just a few examples.
Some of them are homocidal lunatics.

Its not to say they all are by a long shot, I would just like to see examples of republicans receiving death threats for their stances towards Clinton.
Natalie Maines said she was ashamed Bush was from her home state and even prominent republicans tried to make out that not supporting the idiot was unpatriotic? And some wonder why republicans are getting their asses handed to them with their heads still affixed in them? It is comical. laugh.gif

touché james touché.

i love how thats most republicans responses ( i know you arent serious) to serious problems with the war. say something like " i dont support the war on terror because many thousands more innocent lives are being killed than enemy combatants." or that " i think its time we bring the troops home from this mockery of a war" the right wingers will respond by asking "what kind of an american are you?" what the hell does that mean, is being american defined as supporting a war doomed to fail and take mainly innocents down with it? is being an american signing over all your freedoms in an instant for the illusion of security? does being a "real" american really entail supporting without question (as in not using your freedom to think) a cowboy president and his entourage who are destroying everything americas stands for? etc.

i dont understand how you can be a republican under the bush administration, unless "moral" things matter to you more since you would rather meddle in the lives of others than actually think about the policies of the government.

I have something to say in response to that but I am having a hard time wording it.

Dont let bad apples spoil the whole bunch. Look man, there are plenty of jack ass dems out there too. John Kerry, Hilary and Bill, that Rangel guy. I dont remember alot of the names, but as a response to the preidents state of the union address, I think it was a random senator from arizona that made a democrat rebuttal. That guy was a jack ass, and so were the people making his speech. That was the worst speech in history. The democrats only kept saying there is a better way. They never stated any solutions to the problem, they only knocked republicans and said that they were wrong. They sounded like little kids.

couple things,

funny bob hope line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyOu7L92Vc8

The following is true. Although I still dont call my self a republican, I could say I lean a little to their side. I can stand them, I cant stand alot of democrats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z83-50PpuaQ

Here is a big point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12NJP0uGmPA

But regardless, I think political parties are silly and both parties are silly.

Well, there was not a lot of substance to the videos. The first was a Bob Hope movie, the second was soundbites of democrats saying the word "no" without any context whatsoever, and the third was a meaningless Bill O'Reilly clip.
So I guess I get that there was no real point. My point is that republicans used this war politically and pretty much the entire party was in unison. They have been able block any and all democratic bills and input and we are where we are thanks to them. If you like the way things are and you think GW is great then that is up to you. Rudy sure thinks he is.
I showed a vid of that fool Burns drowning in his own stupidity showing him as one of the reasons we are at where we are right now.
He loves GW too.

We can make all the assumptions we want on democrats, but there is nothing to assume what the republicans have done. Things were a lot better before they came along. Republicans blamed the dems for all the problems when they were in power. So it's fair game. Let the investigations begin and let's see some real tables turned.

QUOTE (moosepotatoes)
I'm not investigating anything dude, stop rushing to conclusions like that. When I said tables turned I meant, HEY It's not just republicans that do stupid stuff.

Me jumping to conclusions? Haha!!! I was not talking about YOU investigating anything Moose, I meant democrats now can investigate because repubs cannot block them after January. Ya know how republicans would investigate everything down to Clinton's Christmas card list? I put my money that the repubs have been busy since last month pulling an Olly North (shredding a LOT of paper)