OJ Simpson

Macho555

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061120/ap_on_...mpson_interview

I just now read this on OJ Simpsons new book. I knew he had written it, and was getting ready to release it, but this is FAR too good.

The fact that he even decided to describe their murders in a first person fashion seriously implies he's guilty. Why on earth would he do that unless he wanted to brag? And those poor families that now have to put up with the fools bragging. That's not even the type of oversensitivity that I normally would dismiss as a waste of time.

What's your all take on it?

fuckin badass. i think its hilarious that he can essentially admit to what we all think he did anyways but the system cant touch him as long as he includes the phrase "i didnt kill them, but if i had..."

plus hes gonna get alot of money for this. do you know how many people are gonna buy this motherfucker.

more power to him. death to cheating women. lol

Well...The book got cancelled, so he's not making ANY money on it now, nor the TV series.

Well, I'll be honest with you, I was going to order the book. I think it's pretty damn funny myself how quickly everybody took to it, as soon as they realized it was about the murders. And yes, thats as ballsy as one gets, admitting to the murder that you were already cleared of, in such a fashion that no one could touch you on.

Really the reason I posted it, was I wanted to see what everybody thought of the murders, of the person, of his plans, etc.

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude)
but the system cant touch him as long as he includes the phrase "i didnt kill them, but if i had..."

Wait... isn't that still double jeopardy? I mean, can't he say 'Yeah, I killed them" and nothing will happen? I pretty sure he can.

No, the constitution supposedly prevents people from being tried on the same charges if they are acquitted. Thats what I understand. New evidence only matters in a criminal case for an appeal if the defendant is found guilty, then new evidence can be used as a platform for an appeal, if the judge believes the new evidence is convincing or substantial.

Tangys right, you can't be retried on the same charge. Otherwise, think about how many times a spiteful person would keep suing a person over and over again. However, if he confessed, than that new evidence would be a basis for a new trial. I forget what that process is called, but since murder doesnt have a expiration date (i forget what that term is too <_>) he could be arrested for admitting it.

However, he can say "IF i did kill them i would have done it like THIS". Thats why I consider the fact he wrote the book as a way of confessing. He needed to brag, and push the point deeper, and this was the perfect way. At the end of the day, he'd be rich, sitting in a hottub full of boiling dollar bills going "its a hypothetical"

QUOTE (Krautle87)
I wish OJ was white so vigilantes could hang him without being called racist.  :x

Turn the tables.

I bet if Mrs OJ had gotten Stabby on his ass because he was schelepping with some other girl.... She'd have either
1. Never faced a jury
2. Been found guilty and walked because of emotional stress and shit.

Ladies in the uk can, literally, get away with murder 'because its the time of the month'

JD

@ Johnny_D: pshhh, that is horrible... I wish it wasn't like that. Woman are evil... but then again so are men. I always believe that OJ killed 'em but that stuff happens all the time pretty much and I am sure it would be damn hard to find anyone who thinks that he actualy is innocent of the murders... but none the less I bet he is gonna make a whole lot of money if/when that book is released or if it has been already or whatever.

I hope not. Somebody, quite wise, once said: "It is better to let 100 guilty men go free than to imprison one innocent man." That is, should OJ be one of the 100, thats fine, as long as nobody innocent is going to jail. Truth be told, the justice system is never going to be perfect, there will always be mistakes, so it needs to err on the side of acquittal, letting the guilty go free because of uncertainty.

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes our laws can help us...sometimes they can hurt us. In OJ's case he could flat out say he killed then and not be charged...even if they found a tape of him killing them. Two words....double jeopardy. Cant be charged twice for the same time....there are always ways around it, but cant stick him with 1st degree murder. I read the article about it in News Week and the lady who agreed to interviw him seems to think this will..and I quote "give the families some closure". In newsweek it also shows the total amount of money eveyone involved in the case has profitted from the whole trial and following interviews, etc. Pretty disgusting. But it takes all kinds to make the world....not everyone can be peaceful and smoke hookah i guess.

-Nick