that it was 100% stainless steel, but when it came it was made from
brass with stainless steel plaiting on the out side. I was kinda
bitter, but I didn't want to go though all the sh*t to send it back and
replace it, or my money so I started using it (eventhough it is brass,
it is still super nice looking).
My problem now is that the inside where the brass is exposed is
tarnishing and there is all this disgusting green liquid in there (the
tarnish mixed with water).
Has anyone had this problem before? Does anybody know how I can properly clean the hookah so it stops happening?

Your inner tube is probably copper/or brass as you say (it can be copper though its seems like brass)
But its very common that the inner tube is made from copper or brass regardless of whatever material the rest is made of. Not good - but you're not worse of than the average. Maybe something to make some thoughts about for your next hookah in the future. My thoughts goes towards constructing one from Titanium or by a Tantalium CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition = "metal spraypainting") to an already made pibe.
Well brass or copper. The green stuff is copper Cu(I), Cu(I)X*3H2O or Cu(II)Y*3H2O. (X,Y being oxidicing substances from the "tobacco sauce"- I and II is the ionizationlevel of Cupper).
Stopping the mess:
Your best tool avoiding the free copper to form is to clean fast - a good couple of flushthroughs - after use every time. (removes the oxidicing substances in the  sauce from the pipe). Thereby you stop more copper from oxidicing and the sauce to stick.
Drying will help against the "normal-due-to-the-water oxidation/corrosion" - some of the Cu(I).
Getting rid of the mess:
Cleaning out whatever is in there (copper, sauce etc) is just clean clean clean until its - yes clean . Ofcourse a good brush will still help you .
Chemicals:
Some places you can buy some pipe cleaning detergent stuff. I haven't tried it but I bet the idea is to desolve the sauce. Your base can be cleaned with acetic acid when it starts to look bad. I would'nt use the acetic acid in the pibe do to the smell (and it probably would'nt do much difference)
Hope that will answer some questions.

• 7 months later...
Ah the famous copper oxidation issue. Watch out for the black stuff, it's toxic!

Anyway, I clean my 34 inch Egyptian after every use.
I use 409 liquid on mist down the shaft. Let it foam up and drip out.
YES it will be green, this happens. Do this a few times and rinse with hot water.
Follow up with several squirts of lavender pine sol and water in a 1:5
mix. Rinse again. I use the stem brush about once a week with dish
liquid.

For the base, a small squeeze of dish liquid, 3 cups of hot water, cup hand over top and shake several times and rinse.