I have a new Mya QT the downstem got stuck in the base :(

I bought a new Mya QT and after using it for 3-4 times the downstem got stuck inside the base, due to storage. Tried alot of things to get the downstem out of the glass base but it is horizontally seated inside the base :( Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Edited by Farhaan

I'm not 100% sure what the problem is.  Is only the lower part of the stem (the screw off down stem) completely inside the vase? If that's the case, I would try to bend a sturdy wire into a hook to try to pull it loose. 

If the hub is in the opening of the base as it should be, I would try gentle persuasion trying to twist and pull it out. Make sure it's not threaded in. Alternating cold and hot water could give you the thermal expansion you need to loosen the stuck threads but it can also give you the thermal expansion you need to break your glass base. Use that trick at your own risk after everything else has failed and don't go too extreme until you are ready to break the base anyway. 

If I have misunderstood your issue,  please explain more or post a picture or link to a picture. (I'm not sure if those are currently allowed on the forum)

Good luck! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty bad. 

I think you have more going on than your downstem stuck in your base.

It looks like not only has your downstem broken, but it looks like part of your hub is broken off in the opening of your vase.  You either have a major restoration project on your hands or an opportunity to shop for a new hookah.

As for the downstem, like I said before, I would try to use a strong piece of wire (like from a coat hanger) with a hook bent into the end to maneuver the stem out of the base.

If you have some of the hub broken off in the base, you should remove that first to make it easier to remove the downstem. However if your hub is broken, you will need a new stem entirely unless you want to go through a lot of trouble to make what you have work.

Your downstem should screw into your hub ( where your red circle is) but I think the threaded portion is still in the hub and the tube is broken off of the connector. I bought a used hookah that arrived like that before and I couldn't remove the threaded piece. I ended up having to buy a full stem from MYA.

If you can get all of the hookah stem parts out of the base you can use your base with a new stem.

Let me know if I am wrong about all of that stuff being broken. 

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.