Chocolate Mint

Rayneuki

Hookah Hookah Chocolate Mint

First off - I got this at the local Hookah bar. They are a Hookah Hookah afilliate, so they don't serve anything but Hookah Hookah or Hookah Freak. I was told this was their 'Chocolate Mint' mix. Aparently they ordered it as a special 'shisha mix' through the Hookah Hookah website.

Set-up: No name for it. A two bowl mod, one hose nameless Hookah-Hookah brand Hookah. (hah sooo many Hookahs!) Tap water in the vase.

Coals: I'm GUESSING Akhal quick lights. They were obviously quicklights.

Foil: One layer. Probably a major mistake on the bar's part.

Smell: I didn't pack the bowl, but from what I could smell... It seemed like an Andies Mint.

Cut: Nooo clue, didn't pack the bowl. From what I saw when the foil got burned, it looked fine cut...

Longevity: One hose with two of us smoking on it (and one just taking three puffs) we made it last about 2 - 3 hours. The flavor lasted the whole way through. This has happened EVERY time for me, so I'm either lucky or damn good. Went through 4 coals.

Taste: When it wasn't burning, or hitting like a freight train. It was pretty good. At first it tasted like a cheap mint... Sort-of like they just took some dry Shisha and squirted some pepermint on it. After we got it going, it tasted sort-of like one of those Chocolate Mint milk-shakes. Or an andies mint... Pleased me when I actualy got the whole flavor. The flavor was VERY weak though.

Smoke: Whispy most of the time. Pretty good when you just pulled at it for the smoke.

Buzz: This is Hookah Hookah... You don't smoke this for the buzz but for the flavor.

Notes: Well, at the begining it didn't taste like anything. It was just smoke. We'd gotten a two-bowl (called 'bi-polar' at the bar) so that it would smoke longer. One coal on each bowl... It felt like I was breathing in mace, which I'm allergic to. When we FINNALY got it going smoothly (After one set of coals) it burned one of the bowls. The foil had completely melted/broken away and the tobacco was singed. Oh lord did it hurt. The guy who was replacing our coals had dropped that one, I'm guessing that was the problem. 
We had no clue which bowl was burned (both bowls had browned on the foil...) and tried smoking one at a time... We ran into burnt Shisha again...
We shifted bowls and it was ok. No burning, no nothing... But the taste was so weak it wasn't really worth the money.

Rating: 3/10

I normaly like Hookah-Hookah. I might not get a buzz, but I like the flavors... But this was just bad. The chocolate, from what I could taste, was ok and so was the mint. I'll warn you now, don't buy the 'create your own shisha' flavor from Hookah Hookah. It seemed to me that they threw in the defunct, low grade bits... But it might have just been a bad experience. The flavor was good, but I couldn't taste anything over the burn... Even when it wasn't burnt I couldn't really taste anything... Edited by Rayneuki