Licorice

LuxOR541

[b]'s Review: *Romman Licorice*[/b]

[b]Setup:[/b] [list]30 inch Syrian
[b]Bowl:[/b]Clay bowl with unglazed inner surface
[b]Coals:[/b]royal coals, 3 halves at a time spaced around the bowl.
[b]Hose:[/b]60 inch syrian leather hose
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b]reynolds with one small circle of hole sin the center and a larger ring to the outside, no windscreen.
[b]Liquid In base:[/b]water
[list]

[b]Cut:[/b]overall fine cut, but was surprised to find 3 VERY large stems in a 50gr. Pack. Come on guys... for the price this is unacceptable.

[b]Smell:[/b]Yep that's licorice alright!

[b]Taste:[/b]Actually, I smoked this as an experiment. I wasn't expecting much, since I had smoked romman before. I had always treated it like I treat every other tobacco. This time I decided to try punching my holes clear through the tobacco to the bottom of the bowl, and blowing back through the bottom of the bowl stem to aerate the tobacco like tangiers suggests for his tobacco. I also decided I needed to use more heat, since the smoke and flavor of every romman tobacco i have tried has been week. Well, It worked. It took a few minutes to get going, but once it was properly stoked, the flavor was quite impressive. I've always felt like romman has more smell than taste, but in this case It was all flavor. the flavor was good throughout the entire process, declining slightly but still acceptable after the second set of coals.

[b]Smoke Thickness:[/b]Again I was blown away... I've always got thin wispy smoke from romman but with the proper aeration and heat the smoke got quite thick.

[b]Buzz:[/b]Not much if any.

[b]Duration:[/b]Again, I was not expecting this but an hour and 45 minutes!!!! It was just me smoking, so this will probably change with multiple smokers, but I went through 2 sets of 3 half coals, and then finally added two more halfs at the end in the middle. When I took the foil off, the whole puck of used tobacco came out clean. The bottom bits were not "burned" but they were sufficiently dried out.

Overall I'm pretty impressed and will be pulling out my other Exiled romman flavors and giving them a second chance. I might occasionally buy a 50gr of this at the local shops, but for the price I still cannot see the value of Romman over AF or Havana. I prefer to buy in 250gr tubs and at $19.99 there really isn't any reason to seek this out over my usual brands.

• 2 years later...
Romman Licorice

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short, moist and slightly sticky, typical Romman
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey and Glycerin
Smell: Like Licorice Candy
Taste: Like Licorice Candy
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Mild
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 8/10 First off, This review is the last of all the Romman Flavors on the market now! WOOHOO! DID IT! ALL OF THEM! I am not a licorice fan. I can't stand the candy. This is actually pretty good. I like it. It tastes like I am sucking on licorice jelly beans. This one is worth a taste!