Watermelon Mint

jdehart

Layalina Golden Watermelon Mint

I ordered Watermelon, but Hookah John was out and suggested this flavor... sounded interesting, so I went for it.

Setup: KM Hookah with Egyptian clay bowl. Used numerous small holes in a random pattern in the foil, and used 3 Chronic Hookah Instant Light coals. Wind cover. Ice water in the base.

Pre packing observations: Smelled wonderful. Was extremely wet... was a very sticky wet. Was also very red and obviously contained lots of dye.

Taste: At first all I was tasting was the watermelon, which was very good. I was searching for the mint, but wasn't sure if I was getting it. After awhile, about 15 min, I noticed a cool sensation in my mouth, mostly the aftertaste... ahh there it is.

Clouds: respectable

Heat: The 3 CH-IL coals seemed to be right, but after several minutes I noticed some harshness. I moved the coals and removed the windcover and that did the trick... I found the sweet spot.

Score: 9 ...I love the Watermelon taste... the mint could have been just a tad stronger, but it is great that it was a background taste.