Multiple Reviews And Mixes

Altron

Afzal Grape

Uhhh I didn't know my hookah had autoseals so I'm going to take them off tomorrow.

The taste is alright, I even put grape twister in the bottom to try and enhance the flavor, but I really couldn't notice anything.

The taste isn't very good even though unwrapping it smelt like big league chew gum.

Like other afzal packed tightly, damp, but not too much molasses.

6/10, 7/10. I didnt let it sit out in a bowl, but I highly doubt it would make any difference.

Afzal Double Apple

Same deal as before

Litlte bit better? I really haven't tried many double apples so I really can't compare.

It waas really strong though... like somehow they added like a weird ass mint to it?

The smell when opening it wasn't really pleasing..

6/10

• 1 month later...
Afzal Aniseed (licorice):

I finally got my hands on some....

Cut: I like afzal's cut, the tobacco is nice and crumbly, not too wet or too dry, very small.

Smoke: nice and thick

Packaging: Comes in a resealable baggie and a sealed plastic layer. I wish more companies would take the care afzal does in wrapping their 50 and 250 gram packs.

buzz: its great.

Flavor: This is the best licorice flavor you can buy, period. Tangiers, Fumari, Havana, Al fahker, Al waha, Nahkla, and layalina all are terrible comparatively. Seriously, they suck compared to the intensity you get here. There are some close licorice-like flavors out there that taste strongly of aniseed (layalina and al fahker double apple for example) but even they dont equal. When you exhale after smoking, you will taste licorice- have a drink nearby? I hope you like your drinks licorice flavored. The flavor is strong and sharp, like a deep black licorice taste.

This is one of the few flavors ill always enjoy smoking. Its also one of the best hookah tobaccos ive smoked.

Rating: 9.5 out of 10

Afzal Lemon-lime:

A distinct citrus taste, my new second favorite of the afzal line-up.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10

Afzal apple:

I bought a 250 of this and ended up throwing it away. Not a very great flavor. Too weak, and tastes kind of gross.

Rating:Not worth the money

Afzal Pineapple:

This is next to afzal apple, in my trash can. Doesnt taste like anything, and what you can get out of it as far as flavor isnt good.

Rating:Not worth the money

Afzal Watermelon:

This is a weird one...

It has a strong taste, but its not distinctly watermelon. The flavor is a super beefed up version of Layalina's watermelon, but this creates a weird effect. While it is even stronger then layalina watermelon, i dont remember
it as being necessarily better. The flavor is so thick it can actually nauseate you.

Rating: A weird 8 out of 10

• 4 months later...
Setup: Mya Chic with stock hose and glazed Egyptian bowl, weird square coals called "Alalali" or something along those lines. Water with crushed Ice in the base.

I managed to score 4 250 gram packs of Afzal and 1 250 gram pack of Soex for $10.50 from Hookanut... Score.

Afzal Blueberry

Smell: Smell was kind of nice, didn't really remind me of anything in particular.

Taste: Weird is the only word for it. I didn't like it at all, and was frankly kind of releived when the shisha lost its flavour. My friends all loved it, but it tasted odd to me... sort of like the way a glue stick smells.

Smoke: Not the thickest, but with decent heat management it was reasonable.

Buzz: Considering this was unwashed I was expecting a one way ticket to Buzztown. I didn't really get overly buzzed with four people manning the hose, I would compare it to a washed brand like Havana.

Overall: Not really my cup of tea. I'll say it's a 4.5/10 due to the odd flavour and I'll probably give the rest to my friends who loved it.

Afzal Chocomint

Smell: Pretty nice. The smell of mint is slightly more prominent, but there is a hint of cocoa goodness in there.

Smoke: Decent clouds, bigger than Blueberry but that could have been due to the coal being hotter for this session. The smoke was made easier to inhale by the mintiness.

Taste: This is more like it. Had what could very loosely be described as a choclate flavour on the inhale, and the smoke had a delicious minty coolness on the exhale. The smell eminating from my hookah was that of melting choclate and was absolutely devine; a pity the choclate flavour didn't quite live up to the aroma.

Buzz: My bags were packed, my ticket was booked, and this shisha gave me the departure I was looking for. I spent a good half hour slouched forward over the table swimming in a sea of perfectly mellow buzz. Ver relaxing, absolutely great stuff.

Overall: Very nice, relaxing shisha. It's at least a 7.5 due to the nice buzz and minty aftertaste. A more distinct choclate flavour would have pushed this shisha into 8/8.5 territory.

• 2 months later...
I just got in 15 kilos of afzal to try since the price was good and so far tried the following flavors and I can say one thing not a bad smoke if you want a bargain.

• MINTOS TASTE KIND OF LIKE A MENTO VERY NICE
  • 2 APPLE VERY NICE SMOKED FOR OVER A HOUR 1 BOWL
  • CARDEMON YOU BETTER LIKE THE SMELL OF CARDEMON NOT MY CUP O TEA BUT STRONG FLAVOR
  • CHOCOLATE MINT VERY NICE AND RELAXING
Yes we all got a buzz and were relaxed the price was good and the tobacco is packaged well and moist yes I will be ordering more. I plan on using the afzal for basic hookah sit downs at my lounge.

Thanks
Bubba

• 1 month later...
Afzal ChocoMint & Vanilla

Setup:
12" Mini Pear Hookah
27" Nammor Hose (I think it's a Nammor, it came with the Hookah)
Cool Tap H2O Base
2 Three Kings Quick Lites
1/2 Chocomint + 1/2 Vanilla (Vanilla on top, Chocomint on bottom)

Notes: I realize this is not the "mix" section but they are both Afzal so I figured this would be fine. I have not tried them separate yet. I got this from Exotic Imports USA at $0.01 per 50g pack (Yes, free samples on new products section just pay shipping). I got 3 50g packs for $7 shipped, not bad. Shipping was way expensive on everything they had though. Was going to get 12 packs, they wanted $30 shipping.

Cut: I was a bit surprised to see the nice cut on this budget Shisha. Average cut, very moist, and I have yet to find but 1 or 2 stems. 8/10

Smell: The Chocomint smells great, the chocolate half smells like artificial hard candy chocolate but very good. You also get a good scent of natural peppermint. The vanilla smells like fresh vanilla bean or extract, reminds me of a black and mild smell or pipe tobacco. I'll give them both a 7/10 not fantastic beyond belief, but what I expected.

Flavor: Great flavor, minty chocolatey at first then on the exhale you great the great cooling sensation with the smoothness of the vanilla. Probably one of the stronger flavors I've gotten yet. A very enjoyable "dessert" smoke. 8.5/10

Density: Decent smoke desity, you can get some nice rings. Smoke does not move around too much. 7/10

Duration: Can't say yet, still smoking it. The first time I had this set up my cat knocked the hookah over and a coal put a hole in my couch and to in the carpet. You can read my interesting post in the discussion section lol.

Final Words: I more or less wish the shop here had this as their cheap brand over the Nahkal. I liked it better. The Nahkal mint I tried was very good but their strawberry was awful, tasted like soap. Although, I probably wouldn't get this again just because when you add in shipping I could get Layalina at the store for the same price.

Final Score: 7.5/10 (Not an average) Edited by gr!m

• 1 year later...