Set Up:

Hookah-shisha engineer Syrian hookah
Standard clay bowl with unglazed interior
One golden quicklight
standard weight aluminum foil
windcover
72inch syrian hose

Cut: Standard Al Waha cut. Not many stems

Smell: This is where I went wrong, I trusted my nose. This smelled just like guava in the tub. It did smell a little artificial, but I figured it would at least taste as good as it smelled.

Flavor: It took a bit of time to get going, but once it did, the flavor was about 10% guava nad 90% clove/allspice/crap. I wasn't expecting such a strong spice characteristic to a tropical fruit variety tobacco. There was a really chemical undertone to it as well. Clorox? hey maybe this tobacco will whiten my teeth. I really had to try hard to get myself to taste the guava in the background. I suppose if someone wanted a spiced flavor this might be OK, but not for me. The exhaled smoke also tended to tickle the nose and throat a little just by lingering around in the air.

Buzz: yeah, this one packed a punch. 15 minutes into it I was getting a little dizzy. Al waha tends to do that to me though. I tend to prefer washed tobaccos, but Romman, pharoah's and tangiers don't hit me the way this or other AW flavors do.

Duration: as long as I could stand.

Rating: on a scale of 1-10 I would give this a big 2. Would I smoke this if it was the only thing I had, probably not. It may be good for some people who like clove cigarettes, etc. but It was a big let down for me.

if anyone wants to try it, PM me and I will send them a sample.

• 10 months later...
Al Waha Guava

Cut: Typical Waha, but mine had one huge stem.

Smell: Like a guava: bitter, sweet, heavy

Taste: Started out pretty bitter and strong, then sweetened up after 10 minutes.

Smoke: Pretty good, but hard to get big clouds when it was too strong.

Buzz: I got a little buzz, but nothing special.

Overall: 8/10 One of my favourite flavours.

• 1 year later...
Product-Al-Waha Guava

Hookah-Mya Bambino

Bowl-Standard Mya

Hose-Standard Mya

Foil-Reynolds HD

Coals-Golden quicklite 40mm broken in half and placed on edges

Cut-Leaf cut more long cut than some. Sticky no die and a few big ass stems 8/10

Smell-Smells like a spicy guava 10/10

Taste-a sweet moderately strong Guava with a little incense spiciness in a good way it complements it well 7/10

Smoke-decent clouds thick but not storm clouds 7/10

Buzz-a small relaxation

Longevity-the flavor pretty much sticks with this one but the guava goes away a little 7/10

Overall-8.5/10 very very good its not 100% guava but the extra flavor is very good and complements the guava perfectly but I do have to take off some points for not exactly being guava and having some tree trunks. But none the less this a solid flavor and the best al waha has to offer

• 3 months later...
Al Waha - Guava

I'm not a super fancy smoker, super sophisticated, or anything like that. I don't have a clue what my hookah is, I bought some random hose for $15 because the ones it came with were spitting sawdust out, etc.

That being said, I love smoking different things, and what I look for isn't particular flavors- but LOTS of flavor. Al Waha Guava delivers. I don't know about local prices everywhere, but over here Al Waha is the most affordable stuff, and the Al Waha Guava is one of my favorites. I put it up there with some of the brands that are TWICE as expensive! I've always gotten good thick smoke and really good smoke times from Al Waha, but flavor DOES vary (their "blueberry" [has a picture of a blackberry on the box] for example has nowhere the quality of flavor that this does).

This is quickly becoming one of my regular flavors.

• 6 months later...
Al Waha Guava

Others have discussed cut and color, so not going to write a complete review

Standard Long Stem Mya, Standard Mya Bowl, 2 Coco's

Had to let it acclimate for a lil bit before it actually started to smell like natural Guava. It also had some spice to it, maybe cardamon or cloves. Clouds were thick enough to make nice O's...

Lasted over an hour...

Overall 8/10... nice flavor however not so powerful. Would have liked it to taste stronger, its like a not completely ripened guava.

• 5 months later...
[size="3"][b]Al Waha [color="#f4a460"]Guava[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah: [/b]Khalil Mamoon Dark Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Narbish v3
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Short cut, dark, lots of stems
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base: [/b]Honey & Glycerin
[b]Smell: [/b]Guava
[b]Taste:[/b] Guava
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]7/10 Not the greatest guava out there but it's not bad either. For the price especially, since I got it deep discount on H-S I will definitely enjoy the whole tub of this.
  • Upvote 1