Honey

Zabiela

HONEY

Hookah: Al Fakher 26"
Bowl: Small funnel, holes on edge
Coal: 2x japanese

Smell: Mmm very nice and unexpected. Its got a distinct warmth to it that is very pleasing. It smells faintly of actual honey, more like the white unfiltered honey (my favorite) but the smell mostly reminds me of french pastis liquor (main brand is Ricard) which is made from anise, but the shisha does not "smell" of anise. Most of you probably dont of know this but if you ever see it in a liquor shelf give it a wiff.

Taste: Fabulous. The taste is light, but is not filled in with "smoke" taste. Its very creamy, reminds me well of that creamy white unfiltered honey. The smoke is almost perfectly tinged with that classic honey taste, it could be a bit stronger but the lightness seems like it would be better than a very strong honey taste. Overall great flavor. Im 30 minutes into my bowl atm and the flavor is still going strong (and my bowls usually all last an hour based on my amount of shisha so i would consider this good).

Smoke: Typical al fakher greatness. Solid opaque clouds, last the duration of the bowl as well. No problems here.

Overall: Great, personal taste says I wouldnt smoke this regularly, but i'll keep a 50g box or 2 for every once in a while, I can depend on this one smile.gif. No cons come to mind.

9/10 (and i reserve 10/10s for those ones that blow your socks off, no cons here) Edited by Zabiela

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Al Fakher Honey

Setup:
Hookah: small Mya
Bowl: standard Mya bowl
Coals: one small 3 Kings quicklight
Foil/Screen: Foil
Water: plain water, cool

Cut: Typical AF cut. Wet, sticky. Lots of stems, though. This stuff is stick city. It's not Nakhla logs, but there are still a lot of small stem bits. I have to go through it well to get the stems out before packing the bowl.

Smell: exactly like opening a jar of honey

Taste: A light sweet taste, not a lot of flavor but very enjoyable regardless. It may make a good mixer (haven't tried), but it's good straight.

Smoke: Good amount of smoke, typical for Al Fahker.

Buzz: No buzz

Longevity: about an hour, if using a second coal after the first one kicks

Rating: 7/10. Not the best tobacco I have ever had, and the stems issue docks it a point, but it is still one of my new favorites. It's a good change from fruit flavors.

• 3 months later...
AF HONEY

Setup: MYA QT, MYA bowl, 2 3KQL’s, Water base, windcover

Appearance: Deep red goo; ah, the color of real honey!! Not sure why they dye this

Smell: Honey, sweet

Smoke: Nice cumulous clouds

Flavor: Initially, floral and waxy (like a honey comb); thereafter, nice sweet honey taste, still with a bit of comb

Buzz: Yeah, caught me be surprise

Duration: Hour+ and tasty throughout

Overall: AF continues to amaze me. Got this through the online store which is running a special. Didn’t sound particularly interesting, but the other members had good things to say about it; again, they were correct. This is a very good, enjoyable smoke. Don’t know that it’s something I’d want to do every day, but sure worth having it around for an occasional. 8.7/10

• 8 months later...
Al Fahker Honey

Shisha Cut: Fine, dyed red, very wet (not sure why the dye honey red!

Hookah Type: Basic 30" Egyptian

Bowl: Basic small bowl (holds about 10 -15 grams)

Duration: About 1 hour

Coal : 1 Hookah Lite mini

Smoke: Fairly thick smoke, but not heavy

Buzz: Very mild, virtually none (its washed)

Smell / Flavor: Smeeled great - just like pure honey! The taste was good - not very strong, but definite sweet authentic honey taste (not artificial at all).

Rating: 7/10 It is pretty good overall - could be a little stronger for my personal taste.

• 1 year later...
[size="3"][b]Al Fakher [color="#ffa500"]Honey[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Piccolo
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist, swimming in red dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Honey
[b]Taste:[/b] Honey
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]30 Minutes

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]7/10 Smells like fresh honey. It tastes like honey, I just don't think it tastes as good as it smells. It tastes good but Honey just doesn't seem to translate to a great smokeable flavor in this line, I haven't had any other honey so I can't say it's possible to have a great honey.