Mya Gasket Problem.

Hey guys!

I have a problem with one of the mya silicone gaskets/grommets.

You know the white O silicone ring that goes between the bowl port and the removable tray holder? Well, it broke, and now, the hookah is not airtight.

I've tried substituting it with electrical tape, tissue paper, and a small rubber band, but they're just not working and there is an airleak below the bowl port!

I can't find rubber bands that are that small, and here, they don't sell gaskets separately, so unless I can come up with something, I am looking at buying a whole new hookah!! :(

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, here is the link.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/o_ring_gasket_3286_prd1.htm

Any ideas?

Yikes doesn't any site sell just mya gaskets/grommets?

I use mya fittings for syrian pipes as well - often I wish to pair them with bases that don't quite fit, and they (the grommets, etc.) are very forgiving. Did you try the official Mya site? H-S? They've both been very helpful to me in the past.

They are essentially the little tiny washers that are in facuet valves. You get like a 5 pack for a nickle. There are tons of various sizes. I just brought one with me to the hardware store. My backup ones are black and not clear like the original ones... but you don't see them any way.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1332801990' post='543426']
Hello!! Indian here!! Well, we are getting better at many things, but the thing is that most of the hardware stores here don't even know that they are hardware stores!! :lol:

Anyway, I did arrange something.
[/quote]

Sorry, did not consider that! Its a good thing that hookah pipes have been around for a while, long before "hardware stores"! My favorite stem now sits securely in its base thanks to some jute twine covered by electrical tape, and two rubber bands --- necessity is the mother of invention :)

[quote name='Judy Oma' timestamp='1332802839' post='543430']
[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1332801990' post='543426']
Hello!! Indian here!! Well, we are getting better at many things, but the thing is that most of the hardware stores here don't even know that they are hardware stores!! :lol:

Anyway, I did arrange something.
[/quote]

Sorry, did not consider that! Its a good thing that hookah pipes have been around for a while, long before "hardware stores"! My favorite stem now sits securely in its base thanks to some jute twine covered by electrical tape, and two rubber bands --- necessity is the mother of invention :)
[/quote]

Haha! That's pretty cool! Jute, electrical tape, rubber bands. You really went all out, eh? :D I guess I am gonna go to a few stores with the O ring that I have now and see if they have anything similar. Don't really want to go through the trouble I had to, to acquire this one in case it gets lost/breaks. Edited by vendetta_revived

My "personal fittings" DO tend to degrade somewhat over time, think I will be making a trip out this week to collect some gaskets and o rings to have on hand!