Does Water Level Really Make A Difference?

I don't know if it really makes a difference in performance, but I prefer more water because I like the added resistance when pulling.

• 2 weeks later...
The deeper you put the downstem into the water the harder you have to pull. 2 inches below the waterline should be enough.

[quote name='elsemyano' date='14 May 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1273877953' post='468122']
[quote name='Jaffi' date='14 May 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1273877117' post='468121']
[quote name='elsemyano' date='14 May 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1273874494' post='468113']
ok, so interesting thing happened today. i got my package from ss (!) and my roomies and i lit up a bowl of baja blue. we had our water level up about an inch over the stem (35" km pear), and maybe 10 minutes in, the smoke hadn't gotten very thick, and one of my buddies got impatient and decided to add ~1/2 cup (1-1.5") of water to the base. the very next pull, we started getting huge, thick clouds that continued throughout the rest of the session

maybe there's less room in the base, so the smoke is more dense? or it could've been that the smoke cooled off more due to the extra water

but yea, i've tried altering water levels before and have never seen such a drastic change
[/quote]

I don't see how that would make any sense :( Just don't see any logic behind that!
[/quote]

me neither! i told him it wouldn't work. he did it anyway and rubbed it in my face when we started getting huge clouds, haha.
[/quote]
Sounds to me like it takes a few mintues for the bowl to warm up. I know alot of tobaccos I smoke take a few minutes before it starts putting out big clouds.