Sealing The Opening Of A Large Diameter Base?

Stro

Hi all,

Tomorrow I'm going shopping for hookah parts, and have everything planned to a T in my head, however the only thing that eludes me at the moment is how to seal the top of my base. Its going to have a roughly 3-4" opening, with a downstem, hose port, and purge valve coming from the top since I don't have the tools necessary to drill into glass. Obviously a large diameter rubber stopper would be ideal, however since I've never seen one of those before, does anyone have any ideas as to what I can use?

[quote name='Stro' date='23 March 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1269402264' post='459197']
Hi all,

Tomorrow I'm going shopping for hookah parts, and have everything planned to a T in my head, however the only thing that eludes me at the moment is how to seal the top of my base. Its going to have a roughly 3-4" opening, with a downstem, hose port, and purge valve coming from the top since I don't have the tools necessary to drill into glass. Obviously a large diameter rubber stopper would be ideal, however since I've never seen one of those before, does anyone have any ideas as to what I can use?
[/quote]

Cut a tapered circle out of medium density fiberboard/aluminum/acrylic/etc. and wrap it with a strip of rubber to form a seal (not easy to do) or just look all over the web for a relatively cheap size 14, 15, or 16 rubber stopper and use it.

http://www.avogadro-lab-supply.com/item/Size_15_Black_Rubber_Stopper_Count_1_/453