Thamseh Heavy Brass Hookahs

Sonthert

These are some of the new Thamseh hookahs from Hookah Company. These are much improved over the last imports...a lot of the problems that Thamseh had before seem to have been resolved. They vary from almost as good as KMs to slightly better than...

The quality of these Thamsehs are greatly improved. They are solid brass with brass cores...they are better than the older wheat shanks. The bore of the hose port is really large like the older KM tri-metals, the workmanship is really good overall. The whole shank is heavy and well constructed. There are a few minor blemishes, but the finish is at about as good as KM. No KM ever came out this heavy, thats for sure. My 15 year-old KM isn't that heavy.

32" Dahab Alaim Themsah
The bottoms, near the hub have the Thamseh wheat engravings on it and the engravings on the center "disco ball" are diverse and kinda cool. The hose port angle is a little flat for my tastes, but you guys will never notice it.

I like this hookah a lot in terms of its appearance. It resembles a brass version of the older KM "Football" or the newer KM "World Cup". Its become my official Kashmir Peach Pipe. I gave up my Al Nahwra 40" brass shank for this. :)

96/100

32" Thaqib Thamseh
I like the 1950s type of "dot" decorations on this shank. This is my second favorite of the 32" shanks. The heavy octagonal rings are quite distinctive. The design looks clean and sleek, Its very masculine and sexy.

97/100

33" Triple Wheat Thamseh
Hookah Company calls these 33"...I'm thinking they're fibbing...I think they're 32"...:) I like the wheat designs on them, the big octagonal knobs, the heavy feel. Maybe I'm tired of this design, but its kinda clunky after looking at the Thaqib. Its a great pipe and the heir apparent to the older, shorter wheat shanks. It smokes well, no doubt. I like the look of the other ones more.

93/100

32" Shakil
This is kinda like a more elegant, better formed version of the wheat shank. The knobs are smaller and flattened laterally. The engravings on it are wheat shank-like. I initially didn't like its profile too much, but I've warmed up to it. Its a great pipe, like the rest of these new brass Thamsehs.

94/100

36" Shakil (?)
The Shakil has a round knob and a flattened round knob on it, this is taller by several inches and has two spherical knobs on it. The engravings are wheat-type with the divots in them. Its quite nice. One one of these, I put it on tall 32* jar and its flows perfectly.

I immediately liked this shank and its form. I like its bulk and its height. Its not clunky or top heavy like most lighter hookahs get when they get above 36". They used to sell this type of two knob hookah a lot, but they have all disappeared. :( This one's a cavemen, a throwback to be sure.

I don't see it on Hookah Company's Website. I think they have some left...I'd call them up direct if you are interested.

98/100

Disclaimer: The Dahab Alaim I reviewed was a free sample, the other hookahs listed I tried were all purchased from Hookah Company, several I have sold retail and 5 (2 Shaqibs, 2 36" Shakils, 1 32" Shakil) I bought for use in the lounge and these reviews are based on using those hookahs. The triple wheat hookah is reviewed solely on inspection, but since the construction and bell design is identical to the rest of the heavy brass Thamsehs, I imagine it smokes excellent like the rest of them.

Additional thought: These are the best smoking hookahs I have smoked out of since the KM trimetals from 2007-2008 KMs.

• 3 weeks later...
I ordered a 32" Algiers Temsaah from Hookah Company when they had a discount on it for $71 - 10% discount and free shipping

For a total of $64 it was a steal. Its smokes the same as my KM trimetal and is actually much heavier than it. the stem has a decent amount of flaws on it as it is hand made. The biggest negative is the incredibly thin and cheap metal coal try. The Bases gold comes off pretty quickly as well. thats the only gripes I have on it. The bowl that was included was perfect for a quick 45 minute smoke.

Heres a picture of it form HC:

[img]http://www.hookahcompany.com/scart/public/database/product/images_products/4182_big.jpg[/img]

It is beatuful, but as usual the hoses that come with most hookahs suck. I replaced it with a homemade one with a KM ultimate connector at the base, PVC piping and hose, and a KM trimetal tip for the mouthpiece.

The draw is excellent. this hookah will surely last years to come as the quality is excellent. A great addition to any hookah connoisseurs collection

I have to give this hookah a 9.5 out of ten overall