Samah Lounge

illiniSAC

This place is about two blocks away from Wrigley, in the middle of a good area for the night life. We (3 friends and I) got there around 5 58pm, and they opened at 6. Despite two employees just sitting there, they wouldn't let us in. It wasn't a huge deal, there was a bar next door, so we went there for a few drinks. When we went back, they had opened, and we were promptly seated. There's the usual setup of tables surrounded by couches and chairs, but also private curtained rooms, where you sit on cushions. The waiter arrived quickly and was friendly. For $11 bucks each (an 18% gratuity is included with every check), we got two hookahs, two refills, and each got a drink (Coke products, Fiji water, fruit juice, etc). They do serve Tangiers, which makes it rather unique amongst the other hookah bars I'm aware of around Chicago. They've also got Starbuzz and the house blends are impressive. Music is Arabian with some techno mixed in. I've been there before, and if you're going to go on a Friday or Saturday, call ahead for a reservation, but be aware, they'll only give you two hours. I've heard they bring in a belly dancer on some nights.

All in all, Samah's great if you're not there during the rush.

• 1 month later...
Went here for the first time last night. As said before the setting was amazing. My friend and I ordered up two hookahs, I wanted tangier and didn't want to kill her. She got there Aladdin's Lamp mix and I went with Tangier Lucid Maraschino Cherry. Both of these were wonderful. I don't know what was in her mix, but it was great. I did ask for a bigger hose though on mine, it made things more enjoyable. The only down thing is the hour and a half reservation spot you get. You will feel slightly rushed if you get there at the same time as others being seated. There is no way to avoid this. You have that time slot, I would say try to book back to back if at all possible that way you will have a nice relaxing time there. Overall 9/10. I will come back here, whenever I am in town.

• 3 weeks later...
I had a review for this place, but I can't seem to find it...
Anywho, don't go here. Hahha.
No joke, take it from somebody who's been to 10 plus hookah bars in the Chicagoland area and has been smoking for 5+ years.
Don't get the food either. It's even worse then the hookahs.

After driving by this hookah lounge, I thought I'd check out some reviews. I looked at some of the reviews and was amazed that I hadn't heard about this place before; It sounded amazing!

We headed over there around 8. The place looked nice on the inside. Lots of couches in the back, tables in the front. A really relaxed atmosphere. We asked for a couch but they said we had to make reservations. That wasn't a big deal anyway.We sat at a table in front and I was surprised when I saw Tangiers tobacco on the menu. I've heard nothing but good about this tobacco, but I have never tried it. We asked the waitress for a fruity flavor and she gave us Passion Fruit, Peach, and I think Watermelon.

We also ordered hummus and two cokes. The hummus was six dollars and came in a plastic carry out container... It was horrible tasting. The pita bread that came with it was microwaved and once that container was opened, the pita became hard. It didn't taste any good.

The coke was 2 dollars each and it came in the really small glass bottles.When we got the hookah, we immediately didn't like it. It tasted exactly like shampoo. Needless to say, we left within a half an hour.I have actually talked to the owner of Tangiers tobacco and he says that this lounge is not a buyer of Tangier tobacco. It's selling fake tobacco.

If you're an experienced hookah smoker, You would be able to tell that this place doesn't know much about hookah.Stay away from here. If you really want to hookah, just head down to House of Hookah 2 blocks away... Not the best, but you still get more bang for your buck.

• 5 months later...
i had really good time at this place. we didn't make a reservation or anything and it seemed like we got the last couch seating area. they didnt say anything about reservations to us.
This place is pretty big. with tons of lounge areas that can be closed for privacy and what not
there were 4 of us 1 wasnt smoking. they had a lot of flavor choices we ended up getting i think citrus mist, snozberry, and one of there custom flavors captain planet. i think it was like 2 bucks for bottled water and cokes. not bad.
the hookahs were better than any bar ive been to with decent smoke. not to much air flow so i could do awesome rings. if anyone ends up going there i definitely recommend captain planet its a mellow and sweat flavor nothing overpowering that would make you want to stop smoking it the waitress said it was like 4-5 different flavors mixed together don't remember the combination exactly..
i dont remeber the pricing since its been i while since ive been there. i should go back and find out. yea i know pretty shitty review. but i will update it once i go back there.
the tap ended up being around 50bucks.

2nd post!