Budweiser Bottle/pickle Jar Hookah

jayok6

Built my first hookah from a pickle jar, an aluminum budweiser bottle, refrigerator tubing, vinyl tubing and hot glue.
The hot glue is only used at where the bottle connects to the pickle jar which will be far away enough from the heat source so that it doesn't create any fumes. I will be smoking from it in a few hours, I will post back the results smile.gif

I am not a seasoned smoker. I have only smoked hookahs at hookah bars and this smoked just like any other experience i have had. Smoked white grape and it had a hint of pickle at first wink.gif
The pickle taste wore off pretty quick. Very impressed with my DIY hookah!

But that would mean i would have to buy Budweiser....
And i'm not doing that.....

Otherwise a good find man! nice job there.

Let us know how it smokes and if in fact that glue was far enough.

QUOTE (sleeperhit @ Aug 31 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said, I am by no means a seasoned smoker. In my opinion it was fantastic, right up there with any experience I have had at a bar. I really enjoyed it. The bottom of the bottle is concave but not really all that deep so the tobacco created a mound. After I covered the tobacco with foil I then had to wrap a strip of foil around the top so the coal wouldn't slide off the top. The glue was far enough away that it didn't get even close to getting warm much less hot. I could touch the middle of the bottle with my hands and it was warm to the touch but not hot. The top of the pickle jar remained at close to room temperature. And no, i normally wouldn't purchase budweiser either, i bought it to use it as a stem. Of course I drank the crappy beer though smile.gif

QUOTE (jayok6 @ Aug 31 2009, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sleeperhit @ Aug 31 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said, I am by no means a seasoned smoker. In my opinion it was fantastic, right up there with any experience I have had at a bar. I really enjoyed it. The bottom of the bottle is concave but not really all that deep so the tobacco created a mound. After I covered the tobacco with foil I then had to wrap a strip of foil around the top so the coal wouldn't slide off the top. The glue was far enough away that it didn't get even close to getting warm much less hot. I could touch the middle of the bottle with my hands and it was warm to the touch but not hot. The top of the pickle jar remained at close to room temperature. And no, i normally wouldn't purchase budweiser either, i bought it to use it as a stem. Of course I drank the crappy beer though smile.gif

How thick were the clouds? Pics maybe next time?

Nice DIY project, glad to hear it's working out well. Is the refrigerator tubing just in the bottom of the Budweiser bottle? I'd also like to see some smoking/cloud pics

QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Aug 31 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice DIY project, glad to hear it's working out well. Is the refrigerator tubing just in the bottom of the Budweiser bottle? I'd also like to see some smoking/cloud pics

Yeah, the refrigerator tubing is basically hot glued into the pickle jar lid with about 2 inches protruding from the top of the lid. I then slid the opening of the beer bottle over the tube and then sealed the lip of the bottle to the top of the jar using hot glue. I am going to bust it out in a day or two and have the wife take pics. Would have had her take pics last night but she was already in bed.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (sleeperhit @ Aug 31 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

go to the nearest county road you can find youll get at least 20 of those in the first mile from picking them up off the side of the road.

ok now for the hookah I like it I like it a lot I am actually thinking of trying to make one similar but with glass bottles. (or rather a stem made from glass bottles.)

QUOTE (Charley @ Sep 9 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sleeperhit @ Aug 31 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

go to the nearest county road you can find youll get at least 20 of those in the first mile from picking them up off the side of the road.

By this he means he left his empties as the end of his county road last night...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...