I Wan To Make A Traditional Hookah

Deadlegend

Ive been trying to figure out how to make a traditional indian hookah (coconut base with straight hose rather than flexible one) and i want to make it a pretty small one, so whenever its jsut me i can smoke it.

So, theres this tea shop near me, that sells coconut cups, and i think the opening is probably about the right size.

Im guessing there is probably enough connectors and shit to make a nice setup at my local home depot, which i plan on going today and checking out.

But i just wondered, since you all are more experienced than me, if you could give me some ideas or hints on how to do this. What kinad glue to use, what kinda piping (copper, brass, steel, etc), and the main thing im wondering about, is how to make a good seal between my setup, and the coconut base.

Any help would be apprecitaed.

Buy a coconut.
Poke a hole and drink some of the milk.
Buy a copper pipe, choose whatever size you think is right for you.
Put it into the hole you made in the shell. Make sure it reaches a bit into the coco milk.
Buy some grommets to seal it. If the pipe was thick enough it shouldn't shift.
Put another grommet on top and slap a bowl on it.
Find something to use to catch your ashes if you want.
Put another hole on the side of your coconut and place something solid and pipe like (since you don't want it to be hose like). Make sure it doesn't reach the milk.
Throw your shisha on top with coal and smoke.

Not to tough. Won't smoke well at that size.

• 2 weeks later...
I understand your trying to make a traditional one but that seems like an extremely hard task.. I would just go halfway with the traditional hookah.
Buy a huge coconut, make sure its a little lop-sided so you can have a "base".
Drill a whole at the top for the stem to take out of your normal hookah along with some on the side for the hose(s).

Not really traditional but still somewhat cool

• 2 months later...
For an adhesive/glue I'd try using JB-weld it is this pity that you can mold into any shape and gets hard as steel in 15 minutes. Hot glue might work too, but when it gets hot again it begins to melt.

You should be able to get it at your hardware or auto part store Edited by Carcanoboy