Phunnel Bowl Grommet Issues.

KyleTheJustin

Hey everyone. I recently ordered and recieved the large phunnel bowl, which I won't even comment how bitchin' it is, but I did run into a slight snag. We load it up with about 4-5 natural coals and get a gnarly smoke out of it, just to have the bowl start to do the gangster lean on me 10 minutes into the session. I've been picking my brain over ways to bulk up the already bulky-as-hell grommets that were sent and thus far have only came up with the option of electrical tape. I don't know if that's the safest route, and since this is the one and only place that I'd go for my hookah how-to's, I figured someone out there would know.

The bowl itself seems to heat up much more than my older egyptian bowl. Like I said, the grommet seems to be the right size when looked at at first glance. After placing the bowl on the two grommets, (one needed to fit the top stem, the other to go on top of that to fit the phunnel) the bowl, as you already know, begins to lean. So, to make a long story short, if anyone has any tips to help me get this thing up and running, I'd greatly appreciate it. My buddy is taking his nursing boards tomorrow and is looking for a good ass smoke. I'd hate to let him down by not posting up with the large phunnel filled with some bitchin' Romman (don't hate).

Hopefully the electric tape idea would work, but if you know something better, please share!

-K

Take a dry or slightly damp paper towl, rip off a strip of it and rap it around the grommet.

I frequently find that my phunnel wants to slide off the grommet, the bubbling of the juice into the center or even just any condensation can cause the rubber/silicone to become slippery and then the larger bowls want to slide up and off them.

I have found that this works for at least me and its worth a try.

sounds like you have a mod grommet and it's already thick. Might be too thick for the bowl and the bowl slides up an falls over. Try a thinner grommet and build up if you need to.