New Legislation

so anyone following on the new legislation banning flavored ciggarets and cigars? everything cept menthol flavors seem to be on the ban list for the usa. now shisha is i feel very close to this catagory and will be amended in later if this passes. as i read in an article that its only rolled tobacco thats on the cutting board.

personally i think this is BS from all the articles that i read its about how falvored tobacco is marketed twards kids. now i find this hallarious cause i watch alot of tv these days and i dont see comercials for cigs or cigars ever. yet every night i see comercials for how tobacco is killing people everyday. i see more billboards on how many deaths this year and counting. i've never seen a shisha comercial or clove ciggarett comercial. where is this advertising geared twards kids???

idk just latest thing that makes me mad and want to join the republican party

Its also already been pased by the Senate and TheHouse and signed into law by Obama. Flavored cigarettes only. Some flavord cigars will hit the wall, too, because they are being reclassified as cigarettes...because they obviously are.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Aug 2 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its also already been pased by the Senate and TheHouse and signed into law by Obama. Flavored cigarettes only. Some flavord cigars will hit the wall, too, because they are being reclassified as cigarettes...because they obviously are.

what makes me mad is alot of stores in my part are doing away with all shisha cause they are idiots. tobacco is a big part of america's history i forsee ciggarete runners much like when prohobition was passed years ago. people rolling thier own and selling or bringing in from canada and mexico good grief

What makes me mad is the idea that anyone can tell us what we can and can't do to ourselves, period. But I suppose that's a different issue for most people. At any rate, the notion that this stuff is marketing to kids when every day we're inundated with the sex-filled ads of Bacardi and the like is absolutely ridiculous. I'm personally much more afraid of what being exposed to binge drinking early will do to a kid than a Black or two.