Lighting Natural Coals With A Stove?

Hey, everyone. I recently read that it's possible and most practical to use a standard stove for lighting natural coals. I've been using QL coals since I started smoking years ago (kill me later), but recently was turned onto naturals at a different hookah bar. Is there any special way to go about lighting the natural coals, or do you literally just stick them on the coils of the stove? This question seems ludicrous even to myself, but after some reading of various natrual coal users, I have yet to come across a logical and practical way to light these coals up.

Is it just so blatantly obvious that I somehow missed out, or is there more to it than just hucking charcoal on the coils?

Thanks!

-K

All i do to light naturals is set them on my coil burner and turn it on. Nothin fancy to it, they'll light fully around 10 minutes or less usually. Or you can put them on open flames as well. This is what i keep in my smoking area-

I'd imagine it would be possible to light over a flame, but take quite a while. I'd recommend going to Walgreens and picking up a $10 portable coil burner, like coplinb posted a pic of.

Well, i live in Denmark, I'm not entirely certain where to go to buy one. And when i've looked online it's only been plateboilers.. I think i might just go shopping :b Just tried with a candle, i even have a storm lighter, which is hotter than a regular flame.. But even that takes forever, plus you can only light one at a time.. It has to be quite a massive improvement over quick lights to be worth it that way.. :b

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (TobiasKM @ Jul 24 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, i live in Denmark, I'm not entirely certain where to go to buy one. And when i've looked online it's only been plateboilers.. I think i might just go shopping :b Just tried with a candle, i even have a storm lighter, which is hotter than a regular flame.. But even that takes forever, plus you can only light one at a time.. It has to be quite a massive improvement over quick lights to be worth it that way.. :b

I pretty much use something similar I bought from Wal-Mart for like 17 bucks. It sits in my garage ( where my hookah lounge area is) and works great. Lights any coal we use really. Mine seems to be dying though and is now taking a while to light, but it still works. It is also easy clean up, just sweep all ash into a dust pan.