Razan/nammor Hose Rebuild

I posted this a couple weeks ago elsewhere on the net but I figured I'd add it here if it'll help anybody looking to rebuild or repair their Razan/Nammor hose(s).

Anyhow, I bought a Razan hose from Hookah John but I did not like that it would come apart if rinsed with hot water so I took it apart and rebuilt it. After getting as much of the hot glue off by heating it up and pulling as much off without burning myself, I decided to make a couple changes. The intent was to make the poofs, hose, and tips removable for easy cleaning and future maintenance if anything ever needs to be replaced. Here are the results (for some reason the pics come out dark in firefox):

With poofs

Without poofs

Disassembled

The trim pieces are rubber caps I bought from a local hardware store with holes made using a drill and razor for clean up. The two caps for the handle are 1-1/8", the two for the hose are 3/4", and the one for the hookah tip is 1/2" (the measurements are the size of the inner diameter of the caps). The white nylon tube connector for the hookah tip is a 1/2" barb that I cut down on one end so the hookah tip can fit deep enough in the 1/2" rubber piece to form an airtight seal. The one in the handle is a 3/4" to 1/2" male to tube nylon connector with the threads and hex collar shaved down to fit tight into the handle. I only reused one of the handle grommets for the mouth tip end of the handle so I now have a spare if that ever wears out (the hose comes with one on each end). The handle and tube ends were recut to be square and sealed using cold shrink tape so the wrapping won't unravel. This can also be done with glue, heatshrink, tape, plasti-dip, etc. The handle and hose were reglued using Loctite Stik 'n Seal Ultra. The total price of parts came out to be ~$4.25 after CA tax, not including the the cold shrink tape and glue, which I already had.

It still smokes the same but it's now built better and easier to clean. I don't ever put the poofs on anymore because I prefer how it looks and feels without them.

• 2 weeks later...
getting the 3/4 to 1/2 adapter thing to fit into the handle of the hose the threads are to small did you shave down the hex part to make it fit snug and to get everything to look even close to what you got that and then i am pretty sure i have much different rubber caps mine are glossy and i think hard rubber

I think you may have gotten a different nylon adapter as I actually had to shave the threads to fit tightly into the handle. It should be something like this. The hex part was shaved round so it would be flush the outside diameter of the handle tube, which is what you can see in the pics.

The rubber caps I got had the prices written on them in marker that I rubbed off, so that's why they appear the way they do in the pics. I've since lightly brushed/sanded/rubbed the rest of the caps to have a uniform appearance and you can see how that turned out in the pics from my Narbish hose review.

• 2 months later...