Holdin Down The Hose

chinodos

Hey I have a problem, I have Nammor washable hoses and can't seem to find any hose end caps that work. I have tried using some bought rubber ones, but they didn't fit and they broke way too easy. Currently I only have a 3-hose egyptian nile hookah (working my way up to a mya gyro!! Can't wait!! greeting.gif ) so I don't have the auto seal system on my hookah. It's kinda embarassing having everybody hold down their hose with their thumbs while we smoke. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

QUOTE (bungiman @ Jun 26 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rubber stoppers, maybe with holes for a string that you hot glue up.

Heres the link.

http://www.sciencestuff.com/ctgy/L-tStoppers

gogogogogo

checked the link, these stoppers would be good for closing the actual hose branch that comes off of the hookah when there is not a hose attached to it, but not if you have multiple hoses and want to cover one hose thats not in use up to use another hose. Any other ideas?

Covering the hose tip with your thumb is an ancient tradition smile.gif

Realistically, even a little rubber cap you'd have to take off every time you wanted to smoke, until someone dropped one, then they'd use their thumb. You'd go through 15 in a month, and be sick of buying them.

If you can do without a purge, get an autoseal system on a multihose Mya Saray hookah. If you can't, build something awesome.

QUOTE (Sherwood @ Jun 26 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you can do without a purge, get an autoseal system on a multihose Mya Saray hookah. If you can't, build something awesome.

Anyone think just getting a couple of large ball bearings and sticking them in the hose branch would work? thought about trying that as well, or maybe even a small marble?

QUOTE (chinodos @ Jun 26 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sherwood @ Jun 26 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone think just getting a couple of large ball bearings and sticking them in the hose branch would work? thought about trying that as well, or maybe even a small marble?

wou would have to rip off the mya design or something. you would have to bit a screw or something into the hose port. currently if you just throw a marble or large ball bearing in there whenever anyone would take a hit, the ball bearing/marble would block the hose port and cutoff the air flow. there needs to be something in between the ball bearing and the hose that will allow the bearing to move up and allow the air to pass around it, but prevent it from blocking the opening at the end of the hose.