Homemade Hookah- Handcarved Handle, Hosecovers, Etc.

Here's my second hookah build. Because I got to Montana State, decided to fashion it after the Montana/ranch/outdoors style. Hand carved wood handle from a stick I found in my backyard, homemade hosecover from a cut up bandana, custom bowl attachment and housing, etc. How do you guys like it?

As of now, it's named Remmington. But Tonto and Easy Rider were close seconds.

I love it. I especially love how you're carrying on the centuries-old tradition of making every custom tip look like a dong smile.gif

Nothing wrong with a little ingenuity, ever. I think your next one should have an iranian-style wood shank.

QUOTE (Sherwood @ Jun 3 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love it. I especially love how you're carrying on the centuries-old tradition of making every custom tip look like a dong smile.gif

Nothing wrong with a little ingenuity, ever. I think your next one should have an iranian-style wood shank.

LMAO that the 1st thing that came to my mind to the handle and its dong like look haah

but overall i think it pretty sweet

QUOTE (h00kaJimi @ Jun 6 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sherwood @ Jun 3 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO that the 1st thing that came to my mind to the handle and its dong like look haah

but overall i think it pretty sweet

Hahaha, that's kind of true. I was first trying to carve like a bear thing into the handle, but quickly realized I'm just some 19 year old kid with no wood carving skills. So with a pocket knife and a dremmel, was able to make the other one looks like a hookah handle, and it's perfectly shaped to my hand size also. It was hard to get the hole in the middle, but I ended up just holding it in my hand, tried to line it up, then drill away. Actually worked.

As for that bubble thing, it's actually a tea strainer that is a little smaller than the radius of the bowl, and I cut off the mesh on one side. It works like a coal cover that keeps it from falling off, with a little lasp to close it. Works fantastically well, especially on my other little handheld hookah I made, dubbed the Colossus.

• 3 weeks later...