Thimble Diffuser (not Tested)

h00kaJimi

Ok i am new here and new to the Hookah scene and i myself do not have a diffuser in my hookah ( im lookin for homeade options)

But while pondering my thoughts over this bowl...I'v come up with maybe a good yet simple solution to a homeade difuser

lemme know what you think , (i have not tired this as i do not have a thimble but i will go get one,By all means if you do have one please try it out and let me know, and if you have tried this does it work?

now what i was thinking is this ,simple poke holes where the indents are made in the thimble itself ( maybe with a picker (the needle that comes on ya tongs )

then insert the thimble into the bottom of the stem?

I don't think you will be able to poke holes easily. Drilling maybe ... assuming that drilling was easy-ish, then I still have concerns for how it sticks to the stem. You could be able to force it on with not too much difficulty. Give it a shot. Post photos w/ a how-to.

soon as i get a thimble i will make a shot video clip only way i can think of for attachment would be

a.) maybe it will just fit snug inside the stem
b.) soldering to the end of stem (iffy tho cause im not quite sure if the solder would melt due to high temps ,but considering it will be in the water that might keep is cool enough not to melt Edited by h00kaJimi

A I could be picturing this wrong but I think that will defeat the purpose of a diffuser. Make sure the holes end sticks out PAST the stem.
B Soldering would stick, but depending on the hookah it may be hard to get it hot enough for the solder to stick in the first place. After that im sure it will be unaffected by the temperature of the smoke, but I think this option is far too permanent.

In my opinion this sounds like overkill, spend 10$ on your next order, use the coffee straw method, or just go without. Drilling out all those holes will drive you insane.

QUOTE (bungiman @ Jun 3 2009, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Be careful with solder. I do a lot of solder work and I love to work with stuff that has lead in it. I also wouldn't want to smoke that. Be careful is all.

Take that into consideration, I only said it would stick. I dont know a thing about the health risks of it.

QUOTE (Long Horn Hookah @ Jun 2 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion this sounds like overkill, spend 10$ on your next order, use the coffee straw method, or just go without. Drilling out all those holes will drive you insane.

Guiness can diffuser for the win. It works just like the ping pong ball diffuser, only the required supplies include beer. What could be better? Edited by Sherwood

QUOTE (Sherwood @ Jun 3 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Long Horn Hookah @ Jun 2 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guiness can diffuser for the win. It works just like the ping pong ball diffuser, only the required supplies include beer. What could be better?

You talking about that little ball in the canned Guiness? Well i'm all for any beer oriented mods.

it wont work because the holes are to small and to close together

1) small holes make it hard to pull, even if there are a lot.
2) when the bubbles are so close together they combine again, defeating the purpose of the diffuser.

QUOTE (Long Horn Hookah @ Jun 3 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You talking about that little ball in the canned Guiness? Well i'm all for any beer oriented mods.

Absolutely, I am. It's what I've been using on my KM tri-metal for over a month now, and I love it. Plus, it pops off in a jiff.