Another "phaking The Phunnel" Mod

FPSee

PICTURES BELOW!!!

So i was reading a couple of thread about modding bowls. And i came across a thread that another user used the tip of hose as the main hole which made me really fascinated with the mod. So i was really interested in making one myself, because i have never used a Phunnel bowl in my life. And i have no Paypal to buy one of the online vendors. So i really had to make one myself.

I started with an Egyptian Bowl with normal 5 Holes.

I was looking through my dads tools and came across a Socket(4.5, with a shallow bottom end, shown below) used for Socket wrenches.

So when i found the right sized socket, i drilled a bigger hole in the middle of the bowl to make the perfect fit for the socket. (which took awhile because i was a little scared that the whole entire bowl just might shatter from all the force)

after i had a little snug fit with the socket, i lightly hammered the socket into place to make it PERFECT, which worked!

As for the 4 other holes, i couldnt really find any hardware that was fit it perfectly without and air passing through it, so i used foil and just poked it until it was really tight.

So the outcome my bowl turned out really good! The socket didnt go over the rim of the bowl, it was just a few MM below.

But i was a little skepticle about the bowl because of how low the socket was from the rim.

So i tried it out, using Fantasia Pink Lemonade as my tobacco. First i used 2 Japanese coals but i was getting BARELY any smoke for the first 5 minutes! and that really brought my spirits down. so i decided to add one more coal and i was getting MASSIVE smoke after 2-3 pulls! the flavor was really good! for about 20 minutes the flavor was still as strong as it first started. i would've continued but, it was 4am and im by myself (:. so it was a trial experiment.

So the total outcome blew me away, i didnt think it was gonna be this good. way past of what i expected.

Thanks to the user that gave me the idea.

Looks nice. I might try it if I get a spare bowl.

On a side note, it's always sad to see people's hookah sessions relegated to a garage. Garages just don't convey the sense of luxury that cushy couches and cozy lounges do.

QUOTE (thecyrax @ May 7 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool idea, but I'd think that the diameter of the socket would restrict airflow?

surprisingly it really doesn't, every pull i took felt like it i was smoking a normal Egyptian bowl.

QUOTE (Thermo @ May 7 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks nice. I might try it if I get a spare bowl.

On a side note, it's always sad to see people's hookah sessions relegated to a garage. Garages just don't convey the sense of luxury that cushy couches and cozy lounges do.

haha, yeah i know how you feel. it was more like a test run than a sit down and relax kinda thing. i had to try it that morning because i was excited to see how good it can be. so i had to go in the garage so my parents would go BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH SMOKING IN THE HOUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH. y'know.

QUOTE (Punx Clever @ May 9 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I could think about was how absolutely pissed my old man would be if I snaked his socket to mod a hookah bowl...

On the other hand, I also thought about how mad I'd be if someone snaked MY socket for a hookah bowl...

Go to sears, you can get a socket for like 5-6 bucks. Or a whole set for like 15. I never understand how people can go through life without tools. My dad bought me my own tool set and box. I have already added so much stuff to it that I need to either get another box or upgrade to a bigger one. Good idea though man, the only thing I would concerned with this is if the socket expands more than the bowl when they heat up and it busts the bowl. Probably won't happen, but there is always the possibility, I am used to things f-ing up on me.

QUOTE (delSol_si @ May 11 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I could think about was how absolutely pissed my old man would be if I snaked his socket to mod a hookah bowl...

On the other hand, I also thought about how mad I'd be if someone snaked MY socket for a hookah bowl...

Go to sears, you can get a socket for like 5-6 bucks. Or a whole set for like 15. I never understand how people can go through life without tools. My dad bought me my own tool set and box. I have already added so much stuff to it that I need to either get another box or upgrade to a bigger one. Good idea though man, the only thing I would concerned with this is if the socket expands more than the bowl when they heat up and it busts the bowl. Probably won't happen, but there is always the possibility, I am used to things f-ing up on me.

thanks man. i appreciate it. i dont think it would expand too much to the point where the bowl just cracks. plus i dont think the coals will heat the bottom part hot enough for it to expand. Possibly?

QUOTE (FPSee @ May 11 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (delSol_si @ May 11 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks man. i appreciate it. i dont think it would expand too much to the point where the bowl just cracks. plus i dont think the coals will heat the bottom part hot enough for it to expand. Possibly?

Great job phaking the phunnel sir, you NEED to find a way to get a real phunnel if you like that bowl though biggrin.gif

You won't be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...
I just done this, will take pics soon.
Does it matter how low the socket is from the rim of bowl?
mines half the size of a usb input (best way i could put it without measuring it lol)

I used screws to fill the holes, just droppd them in there and lightly hammered them.