A Question Regarding Amount Of Smoke And Health

from what i can tell all my friends who smoke cigs have had problems such as smokers cough and all the other fun side effects of cigs, me and my roommate have smoked hookah for just as long and have had nothing bad happen at all, no smokers cough or anything, my personal opinion is all these articles saying hookah is soo bad are just misinformed during their studies, hookah is near harmless in my eyes.

Yeah, I see your coming from, but cigar smokers don't get the same cough and they are at an increased risk of cancer. I'm not saying your wrong, I just don't think its safe rationale to stand on. Smoking anything will shorten your life. Whether its one year or ten, its a waste. Is it a fair trade? That answer to that determines whether you smoke or not.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ May 11 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I see your coming from, but cigar smokers don't get the same cough and they are at an increased risk of cancer. I'm not saying your wrong, I just don't think its safe rationale to stand on. Smoking anything will shorten your life. Whether its one year or ten, its a waste. Is it a fair trade? That answer to that determines whether you smoke or not.

this is true but cigars i feel are the same as smokeless tobacco

QUOTE (RingsMaster @ May 11 2009, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i see a pretty big difference between cigars and smokeless tobacco.
i dont see how either one is "better", but cigars are, unless they're flavored like a black and mild or some such thing generally void of additives. how well a cigar tastes is directly reflective of how well the tobacco was grown, cured, and handled. however, beng void of additives doesn't necessarily mean that it's void of pesticides, (not including the pesticides inherent in the tobacco itself) and when burned said cigar is #1 going to smell like a donkey's ass and#2 be carcinogenic by nature.
smokeless tobacco on the other hand has a great deal of whatever and however many chemicals the tobacco companies feel like putting into it. since theres little to no regulation, that tingly sensation you get when you have a snus pouch crammed up your lip could very well be Thulium. obviously its probably not, but you never know do you.....

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ May 11 2009, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RingsMaster @ May 11 2009, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i see a pretty big difference between cigars and smokeless tobacco.
i dont see how either one is "better", but cigars are, unless they're flavored like a black and mild or some such thing generally void of additives. how well a cigar tastes is directly reflective of how well the tobacco was grown, cured, and handled. however, beng void of additives doesn't necessarily mean that it's void of pesticides, (not including the pesticides inherent in the tobacco itself) and when burned said cigar is #1 going to smell like a donkey's ass and#2 be carcinogenic by nature.
smokeless tobacco on the other hand has a great deal of whatever and however many chemicals the tobacco companies feel like putting into it. since theres little to no regulation, that tingly sensation you get when you have a snus pouch crammed up your lip could very well be Thulium. obviously its probably not, but you never know do you.....

i didnt know that smokeless tobacco had all that in it, forgive me for my misunderstood stance.

one health problem that i am aware of is the types of coals used during hookah sessions. i would highly recommend the usage of natural coals, ex coconaras, because they do not contain sulfur. they are, however, going to be more expensive.

Natural coals do contain sulfur. Sulfur is a residue from when the plant was alive, it had sulfur in its amino acids. Real Japanese coals, on the other hand, have about 1/12 the amount of sulfur as natural coals. When I say natural coals, I mean black chunks of wood. Dookie coals, extruded into squares, cylinders or triangles may have even more. Lots of people mistakenly call charcoal extruded into blocks, cylinders or prisms natural, and they are not. The binder to stick the powder back together again may have sulfur in.