Yet Another Easy Diffuser Idea...

nicko99

After seeing a post about the Heba diffuser I decided to try this out on a small bottle. I used a small travel sized Tylenol bottle and drilled 7 rows of 4 holes around the bottle using a 1/16 in. drill bit. After trying that for a few minutes decided the draw was a little tight. I just kept adding 1/16th in. holes around the bottle until I founf the right amount of draw. I didn't drill any holes in the bottom of the bottle at all though. It is attached to the down stem using a small hose grommet on the stem then sliding the bottle onto it.

Bottle size: 2 1/16 in. long by 1 3/16 wide at the base.

been there done that...if you look back some theres this exact same thing, but instead of a tylenol bottle they use a hotel shampoo bottle...same concept really.

if you have another bottle, then i suggest you do this for even better filtration: spiral the holes. this will make it so that the bubbles cant recombine as they float up, as easily as they can with the way you have it set right now.

i like it, but not really anything terribly new.

oh another thing: make a big hole in the bottom, especially if you have a 4 hoser and your friends like to take big hits. the small holes have the potential to restrict some air flow, where if you had a big flow at the bottom it would become much harder to take a hit that would be harder than any other hit.