Replaced The Metal Ball-bearing With A Plastic Bb

I realized this morning that my last post about metal airsoft BBs existing was a bit less than helpful, since most US fields have banned them...so I found a source for some....it's significantly more than plastic BBs, but it averages out to 1.5 cents per BB. Also note these are .29g BBs, the cheapy airsoft ammo is .12g...so this stuff is more than twice the weight. I've found plenty of plastic .40g rounds as well if anyone just wants sheer weight.

By the way, make sure if you do use Airsoft BBs, they are not the biodegradable kind...those will start to decay upon exposure to any significant level of moisture...basically, you won't be very happy with them. Also be sure if you are just swiping a friend's airsoft ammo thet they aren't 6mm paintballs...they look almost alike, except the paintball is well....a paintball....if those get hot, which is doubtful, but if they do, bad things will happen.

Unfortunately anything heaver than .20g tends to come in bulk containers only....so find some friends to split the goods with.

metal .29g
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/pellet.pl?pellet_id=396

plastic .43g (madbull brand...you need to scroll down on the page to find it, price is $20 for 2000 rounds)
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/ammo.htm

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Mar 27 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess you can't really harm anyone with plastic BBs.. but I'm sure they hurt! laugh.gif

People have lost teeth and in some cases had chipped bones from some of these airsoft rifles...the higher end ones are pretty nasty. Mine will penetrate bare skin at 20 feet (430FPS). That's part of the reasons the organized players have a 50ft minimum engagement distance for using airsoft rifles...the good ones are very potent. Edited by mustang_steve

QUOTE (antouwan @ Mar 27 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (delSol_si @ Mar 27 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (antouwan @ Mar 26 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what to do with all the extras? buy an airsoft gun and shoot any imbecile...

There you go, your original sentence had useless words on the end...

hahaha +1 made my day, thanks delSol

haha, no problem.

I bought a CO2 powered pistol from walmart awhile back that shoots the little metal bb's because my parents were getting tired of the geese shitting on the yard (they live on a lake). I took it back to college w/ me after break was over. I got bored one night and decided to see how powerful it was. I loaded a brand new air cartridge in and some bb's, pulled my jeans up and fired one at my leg/ankle. Bad idea, it was a bit more powerful than expected. It went right through the skin and I had to dig it out.

QUOTE (Bookworm @ Mar 29 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.40s are larger than the ball bearing in a hookah I believe.

Shouldn't be... .40s are jsut as big as .12s....6mm. The .xx measurement of airsoft BBs is the weight of the BB.

That said, airsoft BBs do seem a little big for use in my Glyph....on the other hand, .177caliber BBs (the kind BB guns use) are closer to the size. 6MM is approximately .24caliber.

No "BB gun" uses a 6mm Airsoft BB...and no airsoft uses a .177cal "BB Gun" BB.